BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Best Eldar Remnants of Glory upgrade?

Yeah, it´s me again...

What do people use most/think is best upgrade from the new Eldar codex Remnants?

Personally, i like the Mantle of the Laughing God. That on an Autarch on a Bike, uh-wee! I also like the Shard, but only downside is the user S to damage with (when not in a challenge)...S3 only carries you so far...is the Firesabre any good? I´m thinking trying that on my next Autarch based list...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Probably the Mantle, but I also have a fondness for the Black Gem of Gna.... uhhh, the Phoenix Gem. "Eldar Suicide Bomber" is a viable little build, even if only for lulz.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Mantle of the Laughing God & the Spirit Stones of Someguy are pretty much equal in my opinion.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

shard... think it is s+1 ? ... but fearless bubble is priceless for farseer...

No such thing as best.

People say not to use the Black Mace against Marines, but yesterday my Chaos Lord killed full squads of Assault Marines, Devastators, Terminator Libby, Scouts, and a second uninvolved Combat squad with that weapon. Like mufu'n Sauron on a motorbike.

So yeah, no such thing as best.

The wings of whatever can be pretty valuable. 48" run can pretty much get you most places on the board, and works great for late game objective contesting/linebreaking. Can be game winning. Plus rerollable super cover save lets you survive pretty well in that situation too.

Veteran-Sergeant

I am a fan of mantle/ farseer or autarch on a bike

farseer stays in the back casting powers with impunity, with a 2+ rerollabel people usually just don't bother shooting him unless they have ignore cover .. and if they have ignore cover you should be hiding out of los or out of range of that thing.

the autarch on the other hand helps with reserve rolls and fusion gun, laser lance, and banshee mask means he can always go first and unleesh a ton of str 6 aps hits on the charge always going first usually winning a challange or moppign up the remnants of a squad.

the wings are an honorable mention as you can have somethign on foot like a spiritseer zip up last min to contest an objective, gives self shrouding then rerolls cover saves in case the turn doesn't end and he can hold his own in a challenge

i would was bike/mantle trumps wings but wings have their place

I like all the remnants except for the sniper rifle. the rifle is good, but only when doing an all ranger style list.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Mantle of the Laughing God & the Spirit Stones of Someguy are pretty much equal in my opinion.
    I think these are the only ones that will see competitive play. The Shard is next closest, but it's really only good for Fearless.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.