BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Arrow Countering Eldar Wraithlord and Wraightguards

Hi!

'orrible amateur extraordinairre here!

I'm playing a 1500pts game against Eldar this weekend, i'm using my new ye' olde style black painted Dark angels, and i'm kind of curious how the other BoLS SM/DA players counter Wraith type units (Excluding knights at the moment, as he doesn't have any available) When i had Grey knights i kind of struggled against them, maily due to the fact that my Psycannons kept moving (my first games ever played) and were thusly halved in efficiency, now that i have Dark angels i keep looking longingly to krak missiles, multi melta, plasma guns and Lascannons, but i was kind of curious how some of the veteran players try to stomp the new fangled ancients.

Help appreciated.

land speeders with missiles and multi meltas... squadron of 5 kills one unit per turn out of there range.. land speeder vengeance also a nice add

Tmm, that definitely is food for thought, unfortunately i don't have access to that modell. But it does remind me to make good use of my Ravenwing bikers (melta and plasma if naught else) for other things just charging.

Thanks for the tip, do you make liberal use of speeder squadrons yourself? Has it worked out well?

Occuli Imperator

I love vindicators, but they can be somewhat fragile in the face of high S, low AP weaponry. Plus the range is a bit of an issue.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

very much so.. 5 of them per squadron can do alot of damage they are costly points wise but they work out well

the land speeder vengeance model is a cool model and it works well as well

Veteran-Sergeant

As an eldar player I can say the name of the game for me is speed, and games are won in the movement phase. the weakness of a wraith army is lack of assault transports and lack of battle trance on wraith units. Anything high str that can ignore cover will be detrimental to the eldar as it could pop their serpents and while they might decide to not shoot the chield and turn a pen to a glance on a 2+ they still only have the 3 hull points. If you take away their transports then you have a slow army facing bikes if ou ar4e going raven wing. plasma/melta will be useful, but even bolters can be effective in number they only have a 3+ and 1 wound for alot of points so 1/3 saves should fail. as mentioned demolisher cannons can work, another option though kind of a possible suicide unit is battle brothers vanilla marines and sternguard with their 2+ poison bolters.