BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Converserly...i've just done the math on 3 wave serpents firing back at vendettas. They strip 2.09 HP's from them per turn (assuming jink), and cause 0.68 penetrations. So yeah....wave-serpents almost outshoot vendettas.

This is a scatterlaser/shuricannon loadout, firing the shield the average 4.5 times which ignore jink.
    Last edited by Belly; 07-04-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Chaplain

I wasn't being funny about Wave Serpents going Mail Order only.

This from Faeit 212 (Link)
    [url]http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/wave-serpent-moving-to-direct-only.html[/url]

Veteran-Sergeant

I got a few gravtanks recently , a well painted fire prism, a falcon and a serpent off ebay for $90, there wer enot so well painted ones for even cheaper, if gw makes them exlusive to their site then I would just go to the aftermarket. I want 2 mroe serpents at least and plan to buy them from my local gamiing store to paint myself following the same color scheme of these 3 that I bought and am workign to repaint my other grave tanks to, I hope it isn't true as i hate strippign models, but the price difference makes it worth it over gw pricing

wave serpents are a vast improvement on last codex, but think ppl are overestimating their usefulness, most MEQ units can still close assault them to death ... and st3 troops are usually filler... and in 6th ... if you cant see it you cant shoot it, so sensible opponents facing serpentspam [wave serpent wave ?] .. will just hide !

by the time youve put holofields and the previously mentioned kitchen sink on the serpents they still pan out at 45pts + a shot, and will still go down to the odd lucky critical hit or any st4 close assault

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    wave serpents are a vast improvement on last codex, but think ppl are overestimating their usefulness, most MEQ units can still close assault them to death ... and st3 troops are usually filler... and in 6th ... if you cant see it you cant shoot it, so sensible opponents facing serpentspam [wave serpent wave ?] .. will just hide !

by the time youve put holofields and the previously mentioned kitchen sink on the serpents they still pan out at 45pts + a shot, and will still go down to the odd lucky critical hit or any st4 close assault
    I agree, but disagree. It's not easy to ssaul them if you really use them to the max. Heavy wave serpent armies tend to go for turn 5 contest and quick win, which Eldar pulls off rather well.

It's rather easy to stay outside of assault range, unless you're going against blood angels, or dark angels.

The issue is how many units the other side have that have really good assault manurvability. Like one fleshhund squad can be easily blasted away, 2 I have to do the math to see if Eldar can do that, I know my Tau can blast away two full squads. Even so I would probably be able to split my squads in two, or have one squad hit a serpent with them. Slaanech Seekers are differant which I would multi assault with them in a heart beat.

That's why I say now what. If you assault them are the units inside are actually threating, or a very easy second kill. Thinking about it more and playing against Eldar I think more variety is really needed instead of usingserpent spam to carry the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12