BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Chapter-Master

the doctor and the woman with the sore knee

Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    league of gentlemen was excellent too. "I'm looking for a boy" "poofter eh?"
    Little bummer boy. Come before your type in the forces, you won't catch me with my trousers down!

http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Just tried and failed to watch The Woman in Black, having greatly enjoyed it first time around.

And for me, unable to sit through a second viewing isn't unusual for Horror.

Oddly, I think that's a good thing. You see, the scares, thrills and suspense tend to be one hit wonders by their nature. Knowing they're coming, well it's harder to appreciate them...
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    There are sequels? Why did no-one tell me this?
    I think I have only seen part of them when they were on syfy
    The original was really good though

Fatagn!

Apologies for the threadnomancy, but I thought it better to revive this than start a new one.

Me and my wife are big horror fans (we bonded over a mutual love of Hammer Horror and Ingrid Pitt!) and we're always on the look out for something new or that we haven't seen.

I fell in love with horror as a young'un watching stuff on telly like 'The Little Vampire' (not the Canadian remake, but the original dubbed German series), 'Count Duckula' and 'Groovie Goolies' before graduating to classic horror as a teen. I got a telly in my room and suddenly had access to the Friday night horror double bills on BBC2 and Channel 4. I got my love of Hammer and first wave Universal horror from there, as well as catching some more obscure stuff like the terrible, cheesy and fun to laugh at 'Blood of Dracula' and 'The Fly'. From there it was on to 70's and 80's stuff like 'The Omen', the 'Elm Street' movies and 'Night of the Living Dead'.

I love the 'League of Gentlemen', too, and the Christmas special is my favourite portmanteau horror "film" ever. Not one duff story in the whole thing, which is a massive achievement as even the best of Amicus's output had a dodgy one ("The Elemental" from their 'From Beyond the Grave' is as close to a stinker as they got in that flick. It's good, but not up to par with the rest).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345