BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Metal is horrible. Even presuming that it was better than Finecast, it still doesn't live up to today's standards. If you buy a car that looks like this:

...and find out the AC still works, that still doesn't make it a good car.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

If sisters went to finecast I'd be on them like no ones business, I'd cut them to pieces and have a lovely converted army.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Back when they were released most armies were metal.
    But you're ignoring they released the SOB in metal at the point they started the move to plastics. So everything since has had large parts of a new range done in plastic(eldar guardians? Catchans? cadians? Nids? Orks?). If we were comparing second edition armies it wouldn't matter. But we aren't.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    But you're ignoring they released the SOB in metal at the point they started the move to plastics. So everything since has had large parts of a new range done in plastic(eldar guardians? Catchans? cadians? Nids? Orks?). If we were comparing second edition armies it wouldn't matter. But we aren't.
    I've been out of the hobby a while, but I remember Sisters as a 2nd edition release. At that point eldar had a single mono pose plastic guardian kit, plus plastic vehicles. Was there some metal rerelease since then? All the sisters models I've seen look like the ones pictured in my 2nd edition codex.

From my perspective, Necron, Tau, and Dark Eldar are young whippersnappers who just joined the hobby, but Sisters are old school.

(I still have my box of 30 Space Dwarves too.)

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree they deserve to be counted, but I think we all realize that the niche armies are going to come in last. However, Necromunda and Mordheim got larger responses that Lord of the Rings so it's not impossible for an out-of-print army without proper model support to tally up a ranking.

Now, if they came in first on the list, we'd really have to dig into some marketing research to figure that one out but I don't think anyone is really surprised at where they fell on the list. Would they be higher if they had more models on the shelf and a proper codex? Probably.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

The most interesting part of Eldar isn't the Guardians, it's every other flavor of infantry. Which up until a month ago was all metal.

Chapter-Master

I have a small Sisters army, from back when you could ally Daemonhunters and Witchhunters together. I'd love for a new, decent codex that actually has a little depth.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I've been out of the hobby a while, but I remember Sisters as a 2nd edition release. At that point eldar had a single mono pose plastic guardian kit, plus plastic vehicles. Was there some metal rerelease since then? All the sisters models I've seen look like the ones pictured in my 2nd edition codex.

From my perspective, Necron, Tau, and Dark Eldar are young whippersnappers who just joined the hobby, but Sisters are old school.

Codex: Sisters of Battle came out at the end of Second Ed. Along with Codex: Assassins.

Eldar had a monopose Guardian kit, eventually updated with metal shuricats. Eldar Vypers and amazingly Eldar Falcon (in plastic)!

Sisters got more models in 3rd Edition, key point being Phantom of the Opera metal Exorcist bit weighing more than the base Rhino. Also some redone slightly Sisters featuring new weapons (Storm Bolters!). And goofy helmets with ridiculously giant Fleur on the forehead. Oh, yeah, half-naked girls with giant, phallic chainswords. Gotta have those for T&A (tawdry & awfulness).

Necrons are the Space Androids from RT, so can be argued to be just as old as Sisters. Dark Eldar are Eldar Pirates, and also trace back to Rogue Trader. Tau are noobs, through and through.

Chapter-Master

I bought SOB as a second release Never got any squats though they were still available in the shops just about when I started...
    The monopose guardians disappeared years ago in third didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    The most interesting part of Eldar isn't the Guardians, it's every other flavor of infantry. Which up until a month ago was all metal.
    Don't eldar players fill their ranks with wraithlords, tanks and jetbikes?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I just don't seewhy space marines are so popular...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast