BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Eldar Tactica

Veteran-Sergeant

With Asurmen it makes him even tougher if you roll a 4 on the warlords traits table - 2+ save rerolling 1s. LOL

Veteran-Sergeant

you could ally Dark eldar - webway portal them in

Chapter-Master

I'm going to have to update this at some point soon
    I'll be doing a Codex Overview when the book drops (we know almost everything but I prefer having the book in my hands so I don't miss any details) and then transitioning to a full Codex Review soon after. I'm probably going to just edit out the current posts and replace them with the 7th Edition review articles; the 6th Edition ones will still be viewable in my blog archive for 6th Edition if you need them.

Here's a question for you Eldar players that I think will be interesting;
    In the new codex, we know that Guardians stayed the same, Wave Serpents were nerfed (but still good/great), Dire Avengers now Overwatch at Ballistic Skill 2 and can be Stubborn but otherwise stayed the same (though their Exarchs are massively buffed), Rangers are Shrouded but otherwise apparently stayed the same, Windriders are massively buffed and Storm Guardians are also apparently the same as before.
    Of these, which do you feel will best suit your army lists? In fact, let us make this interesting; aside from Windriders, which Troops choice do you find yourself gravitating towards after having viewed the codex leaks?

I'm currently forming my own opinions but am very curious to see how this debate goes. Typically, choosing between Guardian Defenders or Dire Avengers has always been a hot topic among Eldar players and I'm guessing it will be the same now...
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Dire Avengers all the way.
    Especially as they are BS5.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Dire Avengers all the way.
    Especially as they are BS5.
    They are Ballistic Skill 5 only in their formation.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Can't think of any reason to not take them as a formation.
    Even with the tax of the Host detachment the formations are strictly better than CAD, even if you want to spam WKs.

Chapter-Master

I'm curious as to when this tactica is going to be revised.

Most interestingly I'm curious as to whether or not we're being let back into the clubhouse after the initial shock immediately following the codex release.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I'm curious as to when this tactica is going to be revised.

Most interestingly I'm curious as to whether or not we're being let back into the clubhouse after the initial shock immediately following the codex release.
    Now that you mention it, I stopped by to check on things and realized most of those tactics are for the old Codex and nothing was put in here for the new one. Might have to work on that now that many games have been played.

Chapter-Master

At what points total do people think taking the Warhost formation is worth it? I've played two games now with the warhost formation using the normal guardian formation as my core, and I've lost both games mostly due to the fact that I didn't have enough tools in my tool chest left after having to pay for units that are terrible (guardians). Paying around 900 points so that your troops can always run 6" is nice, but I'm not sure its totally worth it. What are peoples thoughts on the matter?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Brother-Sergeant

We (the guys I play against and myself) have come to the conclusion that to get a balanced game of 40k, 3000 pts is the magic number, it's enough to get some diversity in the armies and can still be played in less than a day (just).
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast