BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar Tactica

Cool but not a tactica. This is mostly just a review of individual units in isolation.

Librarian

Few notes from my first game with them, bladestorm is amazing took out a demon prince in one round and i forgot my reroll to hit with guide.

Battle focus is a great rule just got to remember to use it, as it would have saved my scorpions.
    Hawks are pretty good for sheer number of shots they can put out.

I love it. I play a Wraith army so I haven't spent as much time learning about the units that I don't own, and this was a valuable tool that gives me some good ideas on how to spend some of the extra points I now have to play with.

Used my 1650 list last week against an abbadon/kharn foot slogging list. Watching khorne berserkers run into 4 d scythes on the charge was a MasterCard moment. Shuricannonned abbadon to death and starcannonned kharn and co. to be fair it was hammer and anvil set up and he rolled a lot of 1's for his run rolls.

Scout

Cheers for this. Very handy.

Chapter-Master

Thanks for the responses guys! I'll be working on Necrons next, soon to be followed by Vampire Counts - though it depends on what is released after Apocalypse!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

The deep strike warlord ability is a bit limited as there are only units in the codex that it benefits, warp spiders and wraith knights

Dave l
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    The deep strike warlord ability is a bit limited as there are only units in the codex that it benefits, warp spiders and wraith knights

Dave l
    Wow I never thought of that....that actually really really sucks, especially considering how fast warp spiders can move there isn't a big reason to deep strike them in the first place

Chapter-Master

Dave l
    That's actually a good point that I never thought of, particularly as Swooping Hawks already have the ability included.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Dave l
    Definitely not a well thought out Warlord ability.
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast