BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eldar Tactica

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    That's actually a good point that I never thought of, particularly as Swooping Hawks already have the ability included.
    Seeing as the squad looses it if you put an autarch in the squad it could be useful, but you would need either a fast Hq and hope to get the trait to effectively use it or plan on doing as much skyleaping as possible (if they don't lose that ability as well with the autarch, dont have my book with me at the moment).

The autarch no longer benefits from exarch powers like he did. In the main this is not a major issue as most powers are help exarch not help squad.
    He can use universal rules that can be used by special charicters. Most aspects now come with the rules that you had to buy to make them work.
    Sky leap and the non scatter of hawks are only if every one has it. So I assume the inevitable FAQ on this will end up as with autarch hawks scatter and can't sky leap until he leaves.

Dave l
    Davel miniature painter http://www.flickr.com/photos/davelminiturepainter/sets/

With respect to "Seer of the Shifting Vector", isn't it possible for skimmers and eldar jetbikes to deep strike?

Edit: Nevermind, I goofed!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by zenBen View Post
    With respect to "Seer of the Shifting Vector", isn't it possible for skimmers and eldar jetbikes to deep strike?
    There was at one point flyers ( storm turkey and dark eldar) had deep strike,this got revoked with the flier supplement, jet bikes in the main rule book have a paragraph on deep striking them but no jet has the deep strike ability. The land speeder has deep strike but the viper did not gain it in the new dex. So I can't see the speeder keeping this ability in there new dex as the trend appears to be to tone down deep strike.

My guess is that the rule was written early and then forgotten about latter when the deep strike was toned down. It would of been tasty if bikes,vipers ,fliers could benefit.

So of our 3 deep strikers ( not including nights spear and his accurate ranger thing) hawks don't need it's they don't scatter. Concievabl a second autarch with jump/jet might be able to take advantage but other than that it's spiders and wraith knights.

Now spiders are crazy fast do they need to deep strike and knight is fire magnet so though they can use it should they?

Dave l

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    There was at one point flyers ( storm turkey and dark eldar) had deep strike,this got revoked with the flier supplement, jet bikes in the main rule book have a paragraph on deep striking them but no jet has the deep strike ability. The land speeder has deep strike but the viper did not gain it in the new dex. So I can't see the speeder keeping this ability in there new dex as the trend appears to be to tone down deep strike.

My guess is that the rule was written early and then forgotten about latter when the deep strike was toned down. It would of been tasty if bikes,vipers ,fliers could benefit.

So of our 3 deep strikers ( not including nights spear and his accurate ranger thing) hawks don't need it's they don't scatter. Concievabl a second autarch with jump/jet might be able to take advantage but other than that it's spiders and wraith knights.

Now spiders are crazy fast do they need to deep strike and knight is fire magnet so though they can use it should they?

Dave l

If you play with Corsair allies and use a Prince you can deep strike anything. Wraithguard, Fire Dragons, Noghtspinner to torrent, whole War Walker squads....

Well it makes a little more sense with corsairs

Wonder if they will do a supplement ( like the ghost warriors) for them?

Dave l

Chapter-Master

They won't

Theres a FW book for that
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

The new Imperial Armour Apocalypse book shows the Eldar Corsair Army List in its Index.

So I'm having a hell of a time deciding between taking a Fire Prism or a Nightspinner in general. I was all set on the Fire Prism when I first read the codex due it to being more versatile, but I've tried out the Nightspinner a couple times and it was just amazing. That was against my normal Tau opponent though so I'm not sure if it will do quite as good again MEQ and the like. Opinions anyone?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast