BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Librarian

yes... the prettier they are, the bigger the bonus when a Grey Knight kills one...

Veteran-Sergeant

Actually, the Sisters of Battle got two Apocalypse formations in White Dwarf UK 384 December 2011 (White Dwarf US 383), the 'Repentant Host' and the 'Purge Squadron'. They're very good for 50pts each, in my opinion. Particularly the Purge Squadron. =)

Yes and there were a bunch of pdf formations on the website too I believe. But they weren't in the rulebook so making assumptions about the future of SoB based on a lack of formations in the new rulebook is absurd.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

I believe the Sisters of Battle info may have come from my chat with Jes on a cigarette break a little while ago.

The original thread is here:

[url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?282133-Jes-Goodwin-at-Dark-Eldar-Launch/page4[/url]

But the SoB stuff unfortunately got buried by a lot of Dark Eldar excitement so the salient points are here:

"The problem with the plastic Sisters of Battle is indeed the cloth robes on the sleeves as has been stated before, but also the hair strangely enough. One of the particularly tricky aspects of the Dark Eldar ws getting the hair on the Wyches right, as if you have hair flowing in one direction it makes posing more difficult, as everything needs to flow the same way. This suggests that any new SOB figures we see will be much more dynamic. He also said that shoulder pads had been giving them grief, as they want flowing script on them and that is presenting problems too."

Bearing in mind that Jes told me during this chat that he was taking a break before wanting to start on Craftworld Eldar, but that we know from the concept sketches he was already working on them back in 2010 and they have taken 2 and a half to 3 years to release I reckon SoB could still either be on hold or reworked on.

We have Marines next in August or September, who knows what's after that as the schedule has been ramped right up.

But as has been said SoB didn't get much attention last time around so i wouldn't panic.
    Last edited by StraightSilver; 07-02-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: because the term *** means cigarette in UK but got stopped by swear filter, lol!!

Chapter-Master

Helmets. There one problem solved. Next!

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Before Codex: Witch Hunters was released, there was an attempt made at plastic Sisters, with the issues mentioned. Back in those days GW was also using a softer plastic in a lower pressure machine, which was more prone to air bubbles, and so the thin parts of the models cast from the proof would break a lot. Anyone who assembled Kroot from the original release knows what I mean. In the end, they scrapped the rest of the plastics and just released the Immolator sprue with a bulkier gunner.

Chapter-Master

I had no problems with original Kroot. What problems did you experience?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I had no problems with original Kroot. What problems did you experience?
    It's difficult to explain, I'll try to get pictures tonight to illustrate. My Kroot came from the army box, which I drove down to the old US Headquarters in Glen Burnie to get as soon as they arrived, about a week and a half before they army deal was the launch of the Tau. When I was assembling the Kroot, sometimes a limb would just pop somewhere in the middle. Not break or snap or bend and crack, but just pop into two pieces. The problem was that tiny air bubbles were pulled into a cone shape inside the limb. When it popped apart, the cone could actually be used as a joint to glue them back together. I'll have to see if I have any of those parts left in my box to take pictures of, as well as pictures of the different plastics to show what I mean by that.

I saw the same issues with a number of releases that year-ish, only with thin pieces, though. After about a year, the plastic changed, and I didn't see that problem any more.
    Last edited by magickbk; 07-02-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    tiny air bubbles were pulled into a cone shape inside the limb. When it popped apart, the cone could actually be used as a joint to glue them back together. I'll have to see if I have any of those parts left in my box to take pictures of, as well as pictures of the different plastics to show what I mean by that.
    will have to take your word for it as to the cause but I know from experience that the old undead skeletons were incredibly prone to that
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    I believe the Sisters of Battle info may have come from my chat with Jes on a cigarette break a little while ago.

The original thread is here:

[url]http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?282133-Jes-Goodwin-at-Dark-Eldar-Launch/page4[/url]

But the SoB stuff unfortunately got buried by a lot of Dark Eldar excitement so the salient points are here:

"The problem with the plastic Sisters of Battle is indeed the cloth robes on the sleeves as has been stated before, but also the hair strangely enough. One of the particularly tricky aspects of the Dark Eldar ws getting the hair on the Wyches right, as if you have hair flowing in one direction it makes posing more difficult, as everything needs to flow the same way. This suggests that any new SOB figures we see will be much more dynamic. He also said that shoulder pads had been giving them grief, as they want flowing script on them and that is presenting problems too."

Bearing in mind that Jes told me during this chat that he was taking a break before wanting to start on Craftworld Eldar, but that we know from the concept sketches he was already working on them back in 2010 and they have taken 2 and a half to 3 years to release I reckon SoB could still either be on hold or reworked on.

We have Marines next in August or September, who knows what's after that as the schedule has been ramped right up.

But as has been said SoB didn't get much attention last time around so i wouldn't panic.
    I shall heartily laugh if and when they get squatted.

I'd love to see them at least get an expansion update, so you can use units of repentia, witch hunters, etc. along with allied contingents, but given how they did when their models were released in 04, I'm not holding my breath for great development on "Zounds new codex and models" front.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast