BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by magickbk View Post
    Many people also forget that Sisters ended up with a WD/Chapter Approved army list only before Codex: Witchhunters came out, and that at one point even the Blood Angels had a WD list. I think GW has proven itself with the Dark Eldar release, I'm sure when they get around to it, the Sisters will have a whole pile of ridiculous stuff none of us are thinking about. Imagine how useful plastic Penitent Engines will be for conversions!
    The other day I was also re-reading th eold harlequins army list after I read the new harley section in the recent codex, the axe swings both ways I would not be shocked if somehow the sisters end up as mega imperium elites only

Quote Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
    The Acts of Faith were horrible from a gameplay perspective, a bit like the current Warp Storm table, but they are great from a fluff perspective.
    Not nearly as good as the old CWE Alaitoc Ranger table...

But are you proposing an Acts of Faith table for Sisters as well? Oh, how I'd love to watch such a game. SIMULTANEOUS RAGE-QUIT!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Realistically Acts of faith have never been more complicated than IG orders or Tau marker lights.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

SoB really don't need a rules change. They fit into 6ed really well. Ideally they'd get an update with a custom warlord table, add a new fancy walker and flyer and leave everything else intact. I'm mostly worried that any changes would make Celestine less awesomely fun to use.
    They need a rules expansion. And an Act of Faith system that isn't terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    But are you proposing an Acts of Faith table for Sisters as well? Oh, how I'd love to watch such a game. SIMULTANEOUS RAGE-QUIT!
    Daemons with Warp Storm vs Sisters with Acts of Faith. Best game EVAR.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

This isn't the first time they had cloth...
    No one said it was.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Well GW better get off their butts vis–à–vis the Sororitas or else someone like Chapter House will beat them to the punch ... AGAIN.
    Probably why they are keeping the Codex under wraps until they are ready to release things. Point fingers at CHS not GW for that one.
    Naw, the only one to blame is GW. I mentioned CHS, but they are not the only ones getting ready to release Sororitas proxies. If Raging Heroes releases their TGotG series before GW gets the Sororitas out, then I for one won't be buying any Sororitas.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Brother-Sergeant

While Raging Heroes Sisters of Eternal Mercy will definitely be gracing my painting table in huge quantities, I hate that GW isn't doing more with Sisters of Battle, even as old as the sculpts are they are some of the best models GW has ever produced and years and years ahead of their time
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal) Satire 6

Chaplain

Haha i already have 4 Excorsist's with pipe organs, absolutely a great tank..except need a +1 strength, as for Penitant Engines, well 6 of those already too. But would like to add a few plastic ones one day.

As for saying they don't need anything?? have you looked at what little wargear we have left out of the codex after the last update??
    "Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver"

Possibly fuel to the fire.....

Has Jes Goodwin been up to much recently? I know he's had a hand in the Eldar re-do...but that appears to have been in concert with a protege.......

Significant?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Last time I spoke to Jes he told me he would be spending significant time learning about CAD and its applications to plastic modelling.

There is a lot to learn and I think we are already seeing some of its benefits not only with the complexities of the new kits but also in the amount GW can now squeeze onto a frame.

Jes' prime role now is as head of plastics development, so although he does still design and create new kits his main role is research and development of new techniques which he then trains other sculptors in.

So although he may have been less involved in the Eldar and Space Marine kits he has been teaching other sculptors how to get the most out of CAD design.

He said the biggest breakthrough was being able to sculpt from 3ups to 2ups which makes much larger kits now possible.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast