BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

I don't think it's possible to Squat them, they're embedded too deeply in both the Black Library fluff and especially in the Dark Heresy setting. But removing them as an independent gaming army? Yeah, unfortunately I could easily see them being relegated to a unit or two in an Inquisition book.
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Librarian

i have some of those kroot with the dodgy joints i had some eldar guardians from roughly the same time that i was converting, and the knees/thighs had weird bubbles on the insides.
    ill see if i can get a one to pop and get a pic they are just sitting in my drawer

I honestly think they have already been quietly squatted, but not in the same dropped off the face of the earth like the squats squatted.

They got a small, limited, hard to get a hold of codex leaflet. They're still a legal army just a background one that will quietly never be updated again. And once the metals are all sold off they'll just drop excuses and brush offs to the few SoB players till they get forgotten.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

people said the same about dark eldar,

And then they out sold marines.

Give em time, GW know that people have been waiting for plastic sisters for ages.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Yeah, but they never purposely made the DE rules hard to get. The fact that GW wants people to not be able to get the rules at all and downplay that the models exist just speaks volumes to how much they want gamers to "forget" the SoB.

Chapter-Master

keep telling yourself that mate.

I'm more of the opinion the GW would want to reduce the number of "risky" releases each year.

DE was a successful risk.

The Necron re-boot would have been the next "risk"

Then we have tau, who were popular when they we're initially released but had been left to "rot" for a number of years.

SoB will get their book, they are regularly asked about at conferences and GW knows that the kits are the only thing holding them back from selling well.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

We had people right up to the first DE photo leaks saying they 'knew' DE were being squatted. They said this in spite of Jes Goodwin talking about working on them in an interview. It was bollocks with DE and it is bollocks with SoB.

As daboarder says Dark Eldar, Necrons and Tau were all low selling, risk armies that have seen recent updates. Grey Knights too, with an a mostly metal range and old rules. SoB will have their turn.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I know that about half my gaming group is just waiting for plastic sisters.

Personally I'd have picked up more of the metal ones already, but I want to do a Valkyrie army so I really need to wait for plastic. I wouldn't be surprised to see them some time next year, interspersed with the 5th ed codexes.

Yep, I have significant funds set aside for a massive purchase of SoB plastic when it comes about. I also know all six of brothers and another half dozen or so at least of my game club are waiting on plastic SoB. Given how often GW get asked about them at events and whatnot I think they would have some idea of this too.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgrim View Post
    I don't think it's possible to Squat them, they're embedded too deeply in both the Black Library fluff and especially in the Dark Heresy setting.

But removing them as an independent gaming army? Yeah, unfortunately I could easily see them being relegated to a unit or two in an Inquisition book.
    Doesn't the Fluff say that Sisters blood is tactically useful? Instead of being eaten by Nids, they could be bled dry by GKs.

Very possible, and as there are only 2 model types (foot and jump), as a single unit entry, it's not hard. Look what happened to the Last Chancers. Or Dogs of War, which had far more model types.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast