BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Necron Transparent Bits

A While back, I heard someone mention a site where you could order either replacements or bits that would work to replace the transparent colored plastic parts for necron models online somewhere. I'm not talking about a bits order of GW parts, but a site that had a suitable replacement. Does anyone know about something like that?
    Even the Emperor and Horus have rolled 1's.

Iron Father

No idea, with GW starting to "phase out" the green bits on Necrons as well I decided to prime and paint all the green bits instead.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Shapeways is a 3d printing company in Europe, they are fairly expensive.
    [URL="http://www.shapeways.com/model/374854/space-undead-energy-rods-x20.html?li=productBox-search"]link[/URL]
    The rods look good but are a tiny bit short... As they don't factor the dents in both sides of the gun. Not an issue at all though

quality is good, you can see the lines from the 3d printing, so not as smooth as plastic or resin.. but when you factor the size of the pieces, its really not an issue. they look fine when on the model. ill try and get a pic in the next day or so of my crons with them.
    Last edited by Cpt Codpiece; 07-02-2013 at 04:42 PM. Reason: link added

Brother-Captain

a company called plastruct makes rods in a longer length that work when cut down. check your local hobby shops for them. they have blue, green, yellow and red and a purpleish color.

john m

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks for the info guys!
    Even the Emperor and Horus have rolled 1's.

Brother-Sergeant

I was actually looking at using lego lightsaber blades for mine, but they'd need to be cut down in length to fit. For use with a small Necron allied force like mine, this seemed like a little bit of an easer option than finding transparent colored plastic rod at any hobby or craft stores (I looked, none in my vicinity seemed to have anything) Plastruct would probably be a more cost efficient option for a larger number of models, though I have never ordered from them myself.
    Richard | Co-Host: Preferred Enemies Podcast | www.preferredenemies.com