BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default What codex are Admech best suited for?

Honestly it's a choice between Chaos space Marines
    Or Grey Knights

Help??

Fatagn!

First-Captain

GK are pretty much the perfect fit... let's go through some of the stuff...
    omnipresent Psychic Powers = omnipresent bionic enhancements and/or drugs
    Inquisitors = Magi
    Retinue = "regular" Tech Guard
    GK characters = Skitarii officers
    Grey Knights = Skitarii in all their variants
    Tanks = check, including some wonky upgrades
    Walkers/DK = check
    Assassins = either the Magos has enough influence to actually get the real deal, or they represent extensively enhanced agents

Chaos? interesting idea... hadn't considered that before, but Oblits, Defilers, Heldrakes, even the Cult Marines work pretty well... I'd stick with GK though, just fits better imo...

I'm running a combination of Imperial Guard (Infantry Platoons with minimum Infantry squads and maximum Heavy Weapon Teams) and actual Adeptus Mechanicus (Thallaxi with Mechanicus Land Raider support). I've also got my Pre-heresy Iron Hands, which is basically made up of Breacher Teams and Dreadnought Talons. Oh, and lots of Servitors with Rotor Cannon.

I don't think either of the armies you suggest reflect the AdMech terribly well, as CSM are too assault-oriented, and Grey Knights don't really fit at all (apart from the obvious use of Henchmen).

I suppose you could run an all-Obliterator style CSM list, or else a GK list with lots of Arco-Flagellants, assault gun henchmen and Techmarines.

I'd also suggest going Blood Angels as they can run more Dreadnoughts. Either that or bog-standard Marines with plenty of Techmarines and Thunderfire cannon.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Well, Chaos could be good. (even with Daemon allies). Basic marines, zombies, and cultists, with all the marks, allows a lot of versatility in the forces, plus a variety of versatile walkers in the book, between Daemons and Chaos. Or, Chaos and Guard to add stormtroopers, Vets, vehicles.

Walker-heavy Chaos could work, especially since they have Cultists now.

A Coteaz-Henchmen list is very effective, although the psyker-rule stuck to the techmarines&henchmen is irritating.

Librarian

No one mentioned Necrons. Surely all those tombspiders, arks of whathaveyou, stalkers could all make for some interesting Admech things. Crons are all ubertech, which I imagine is something I think Admech would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    No one mentioned Necrons. Surely all those tombspiders, arks of whathaveyou, stalkers could all make for some interesting Admech things. Crons are all ubertech, which I imagine is something I think Admech would be.
    I did want to stay away from Necrons but it does look that way may be the way to go. ( though I'm still unsure what my knight Titan conversion will be )

The army will be based in the Callaxis sector so for the Lords dragon it may be a good fit. I am still heavily unsure though.

Fatagn!

Battle-Brother

I am working with this one:
    [URL="http://www.tempusfugitives.co.uk/pdf/40k/Codex%20Cult%20Mechanicus.pdf"]http://www.tempusfugitives.co.uk/pdf/40k/Codex%20Cult%20Mechanicus.pdf[/URL]

Its pretty good.
    The machine knows all. Praise the Omnissiah!
    WFB: Dark elves, Skaven Clan Mors, Nippon. HH and 40k: Adeptus Mechanicus.

I favour CSM, with all the walkers. Especially CSM with Ork Allies (the ork allies giving you assault skitarii / ork boys and robots / killer kanz).
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

I suppose the thing to bear in mind is the WHFB parallels - Necrons are Tomb Kings IN SPACE!, and a few times it's been mentioned here that Jes Goodwin's vision of the AdMech is Vampire Counts IN SPACE!

Which makes sense: Servitors basically = zombies after all.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO