BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I think it seems to be the curse of 28mm 'heroic' scale that humans are sculpted with unrealistic proportions, male figures have huge muscles and fists that are as large as their heads (remember the GW plastic Catachans?) Sculptors like the Perry twins did a good job of bucking this trend when they sculpted for GW, the Tanith Ghosts were excellent, Victoria Lambs sculpting is also much more realistic in its proportions.

Yep, it is a heroic scale thing. Funnily enough there are a lot of people who don't realize that RH is in heroic scale as their female miniatures are still quite finely proportioned.

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

675k reached unlocking one of my favourites:

110 minutes left and just a shade under 678k.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Not sure, but I'm sensing you're rather excited about this kickstarter
    Digging the latest unlocks!

100 minutes left, $678k

Well it's not every day you become a Kickstarter Exclusive miniature from one of your favourite companies. #boast

My prediction for final sum raised was 680k +/-5k and it is looking like that may be a bit conservative. I'd be surprised if it reaches 700k though. Pleasantly surprised.

Get this: All pledges at LIEUTENANT BOX level and above now have a set of 14 Freebies worth $222 at retail, and $149 if you pick them up as Add-ons during the Kickstarter! Swweeeet!

Edit: 680k reached.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-07-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well it's not every day you become a Kickstarter Exclusive miniature from one of your favourite companies. #boast
    Yeah, yeah, yeah did serve to remind me I needed to add in for the Jetgirl unit though ^_^

68 mins, jumping between $680 & $683K with wildly fluctuating backers as people people do frantic last minute adjustments.

Half an hour left and currently at just over 693k.

Edit: 15minutes and 696k
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-07-2013 at 05:50 AM.

Ended for a total of: 698,548 USD. Everything I wanted was unlocked bar the final 720k goal which I didn't expect to get so I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Ended for a total of: 698,548 USD. Everything I wanted was unlocked bar the final 720k goal which I didn't expect to get so I'm happy.
    Yep. I'm pleased as well. I'm looking forward to these models.

Chapter-Master

So are you going to be changing your forum name to JetGirl? :P
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast