BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 4

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Had my first proper go on a PS4 today. Bout half an hour on assassin's pirate creed. fun enough, doesn't feel any different to a PS3, but it is prettier.
    Think thats going to be problem for at least a year or two for games to not just be ports and be built to the console.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Yeah, I would imagine so. But the near identical control pad adds to that feeling...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

that isn't automatically a bad thing though, a new console doesn't have to be a huge ground breaking event. a new console comes along and people expect it to do something different, yet all PCs ever do is get more powerful, and nobody thinks to question that. nobody says hey we have a new graphics card here, all it does it make things look prettier than they used to, what is up with that?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Yean, but that's because the new GPU hype isn't anywhere near the media circus you get at a console launch.
    Both Nvidia and Amd do the Our most powerfull card ever on an annual or bi-annual basis so it's not really a shock...

Chapter-Master

exactly, nobody expects new things, yet consoles should apparently revolutionise stuff just because. I am perfectly happy with a PS4 that is simply more powerful than a PS3.

Chapter-Master

You're getting it back to front though, it's the console manufacturers that claim it'll revolutionise gaming every time they release something.

It doesn't.

Chapter-Master

nobody listens to advertising, that is just silly

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    exactly, nobody expects new things, yet consoles should apparently revolutionise stuff just because. I am perfectly happy with a PS4 that is simply more powerful than a PS3.
    I've heard moms lament "my kids just want the newest, latest, and greatest", and I just shake my head and think "no, kids want to be able to keep playing the awesome games that didn't exist a year ago, and you can't do that with the old console". You don't buy movie tickets once and then expect to never want to see another movie again.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

a couple of mothers in store the other day were complaining about how their kids always want more games and I thought, how does that differ to any other hobby? nobody buys one book and stop there, or one film, paint pot, ball of wool, whatever else it may be.

Chapter-Master

So I got Killzone: Shadow Fall and FIFA 14 on Christmas Day, and I have enough Christmas money to go and grab Battlefield 4 on PS4 tomorrow (and put a $40 voucher down for the new Tyranid codex ). Some quick impressions on those two games I got; Killzone is downright amazing. A bit of control annoyance in one or two sections, and some objectives not being clear, but otherwise a really great game so far. Easily the best looking game I have ever played, I even had my brother (who plays games like Metro) lying down watching me play for several hours in sheer awe. That is pretty much a dead give-away about how much of a technical achievement the game is. FIFA is a different story, it looks like a decent upgrade on the last-gen versions but it really doesn't look too different. Pretty good so far, but I'm not really sure it is an upgrade on 12 (the last FIFA I played). I don't really like the new transfer system, but I'm growing on it.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast