BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 4

Will PS4 have enough backwards compatamability to play them?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Never played one, usually been an Xbox household. That might change, we'll either get no consoles or PS4s by the sound of it.

Bah, I'd heard about the fact the woman seemed to be having trouble with the game, hadn't heard about the rape joke, for god's sake. I did read, and I think it was speculation, that the chap had experience playing the game while the woman had not, so well done MS for rigging things to reinforce stereotypes.
    I watched the live-stream of the conference and watched that part, but it didn't really click in my mind just how offensive that part was until after the conference ended. As I watched it though I did have a bad feeling about the whole thing, so it probably registered on a subconscious level. Really though, it is pretty disgusting no matter what way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    yeah I think killzone is the best shooter series out there, with Spec Ops, Crysis and Farcry very close in, then Vanquish, then bad company and army of two...
    I couldn't honestly answer what I feel is the best shooter series out at the moment. Having played all of the Halo games, I definitely wouldn't say they are the best. I'm not sure Killzone is my pick either, nor would I say Call of Duty or Battlefield. To be honest though, I think my favourite shooter to this day is Call of Duty 2. Playing through that game on the top difficulty was brutally unfair, but at the same time, amazingly epic. I would probably be playing it now if I could find it lol.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Will PS4 have enough backwards compatamability to play them?
    Not at launch, but a service (not sure if free or paid) called Gaikai will allow you to "stream" PS3 games, basically it is like playing the game but with a minor (noticeable but doesn't really affect gameplay) delay.
    If Shadow Fall is as good as it is being hyped to be (many think it will be the best Killzone yet) then you may not need to worry about the older ones; the story in the old games probably won't have too much of an impact on the new one, save to explain why two different factions are settled on the same planet.
    Check out my blog!

I see CoD and think Codpiece and as a result I've never been able to take the franchise seriously. Not joking.

Might wait and see if we get a PS4 then, paying a little bit for playing an old game would still make more sense than buying a whole new soon to be obsolete console even if they are cheap.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I see CoD and think Codpiece and as a result I've never been able to take the franchise seriously. Not joking.

Might wait and see if we get a PS4 then, paying a little bit for playing an old game would still make more sense than buying a whole new soon to be obsolete console even if they are cheap.
    Haha well I stopped paying serious attention to Call of Duty after World at War, the series just went downhill for me from MW2 because of the lack of any real innovation or change. I only recently bought Black Ops and Black Ops 2 over the past few years to host local split-screen games with my friends at parties, otherwise, I avoid them.

That's understandable. Personally though, the PS3 has an amazing exclusive roster that simply smashes the competition IMO. Heavy Rain, The Last of Us, God of War 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, the Uncharted series, Journey, plus the HD Collections of classics like Shadow of the Colossus and the old Jak and Daxter games. If you can get a PS3 on the cheap and can find all of those games, you should be good. You won't be disappointed!

I'm curious, do/did you own a PS2? Shadow of the Colossus and Ico may very well be worth the price alone, they are two of the best games ever made.
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

yeah there are some awesome PS3 games. not Metal Gear Solid 4 though, that is an awful piece of rubbish. the new PS3 Slim is cheap, only £160, less than half what I bought mine for. as well as Uncharted, Killzone, and The Last of US, the playstation move is great for light gun games

CoD was ridiculous once it featured Russia invading the US
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    yeah there are some awesome PS3 games. not Metal Gear Solid 4 though, that is an awful piece of rubbish. the new PS3 Slim is cheap, only £160, less than half what I bought mine for. as well as Uncharted, Killzone, and The Last of US, the playstation move is great for light gun games

CoD was ridiculous once it featured Russia invading the US
    Yeah a lot of people were turned off by MGS4, probably had a lot to do with the....what was it.....80+ hours of cinematics? Yeah, no thanks lol. I guess as a MGS fan though it is probably a love-letter and it was arguably the biggest reason to get a PS3 over a 360 for games at the time.
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

it isn't the long cinematics specifically, it is the fact they are such bull. the plot is absolutely stupid, makes no sense, contradicts previous games. I honestly think Kojima is just trolling people with 4 to see how much crap his fans will put up with.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

I'll just leave this here.

The Sony tweet references Insomniac, developers of the Sunset Overdrive exclusive for Xbox One, the Resistance games and - tellingly - the Ratchet and Clank games.
    Well, it turns out Insomniac's top dude wasn't lying when he said they still had a good relationship with Sony!

I'm expecting this to be Ratchet and Clank PS4, in fact that seems to be the only possibility it could be. Well played Sony, not a single person I saw came even close to guessing that. Presumably it won't be a launch title.
    Actually, this might be a PS3 game. Seems most likely it will be a PS4 game though.
    Insomniac announcing something big tomorrow, confirmed it is definitely Ratchet and Clank. However, some hints that it could be linked into the Jak and Daxter universe.....which would be unreal.
    Oh snap! A confirmed employee for Insomniac directly responded to someone's guess on Twitter that the image was teasing a Jak and Daxter/Ratchet and Clank cross-over, and he said "That is a REALLY GREAT GUESS!" OOOOH!!!! Whether this is a PS4 game or PS3 game, this is going to be amazing. There hasn't been a proper Ratchet and Clank game in a few years, and the last main Jak game was way back almost a decade ago. OOOOH!!!!!

The same guy says it is a PS4 game! That could be one of the biggest exclusives of this entire darned generation if it is what we think it is.

EDIT: May be a fake account.....gah STOP PLAYING WITH ME SONY!
    Well we will apparently learn all tomorrow, supposedly Insomniac are announcing it tomorrow and I presume the 300th edition of Beyond will be dealing heavily with it and feature some of the devs.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 07-10-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Check out my blog!

Chapter-Master

[URL="http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/07/10/ps4s-digital-library-lets-you-play-your-games-anywhere-on-anyones-console/"]This is nice.[/URL]

“You can visit your friends house you can log into your account and play any game from your digital library, which is good. But how useful is that if it takes half a day to download the game you want to play? With Play As You Download you get much quicker access to at least the first section of the game so you can start playing quicker. So this makes a digital library a practical option in the real world.”

“A similar system also works on Blu-ray, chunks are automatically copied to the hard drive in the background. This means that after the first few minutes your game can rely on having faster read speeds from the hard drive. Which provides a better experience for players, and this is a completely background process for the player. They don’t have to wait for anything to install before playing the game. The game will launch as soon as the disk has been put in the drive.”
    Check out my blog!

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast