BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: What should the next GW worldwide campaign be?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horus Heresy - die children of a false God...

4 36.36%
  • End of Times - Hur hur where'z ya empy now humie dakkadakka

3 27.27%
  • I have a better idea, read below...

4 36.36%
    Chapter-Master

Default Next GW Worldwide campaign...?

So, I am just re-reading the Horus Heresy books (well I might miss out the abyss and the DA ones but anyway).

And it got me thinking - I know the HH has been done by BoLS but wouldn't it make a great GW worldwide campaign, like Armageddon and Medusa? Apoc sheets, maybe a codex (yes I know I know don't delay army x its been x years).

Another possibility would be the whole End of Times - the Golden Throne on the way out, aliens on the door step. Take 40k to its next epoch - fight the battle and if the Imps win then we get a new period of crusade, if the xenos/chaos/non-imps win the imps are forced back into some sort of new age of strife (until a future campaign when we fight to get back on track.)

My tuppence is Horus heresy, what do you think?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Talking

Horus heresy
    end times would be cool but MURDER the fluff, eldar-death-god owns chaos(right make me a model of that!), Big.E+ primarchs fight in palace basement with warp rift, orks unite and were ****** , tau invade and get munched and nids MUNCH,MUNCH,MUNCH!

anyways Wasnt there already a hersey campaign and didn't it do well!
    (yay an excuse for the children!)

-Fuzzbuket
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Initiate

Smile :D

End times would be an awesome prospect.

However once GW did it they would have to completely reinvent the whole fluff of 40K as many people that like the game do so due to the element of mystery and inventing their own bizzare fluff.

In the eldar and chaos codexs it says/suggests that the battle to end them all will be one between the imperium and other non-chaos worshipers and the chaos gods and their followers. Also in the space wolves fluff it says that Leman Russ and the rest of the 13th company will return for the final great war against chaos.

So if GW were to ever have a world-wide campaign for the end times it would probably be eldar and imperium and some tau and ork mercanaries/chaos haters on the side of good. With against them traitor guard, dark eldar, chaos daemons, cults of the chaos gods and the chaos space marines as well as some tau. Fighting neutrally against both sides would be the remainder of the tau, the majority of the orks and of course the tyranids.

Veteran-Sergeant

For a start a Horus Heresy could really only use a third of the codeies (Marines & Varients, Guard, Choas, Deamons)

Campaigns are never good fluffwise. GW would just mess up an "end times" campaign.

Chaplain

Whilst I would "love" a Heresy or "end times" WWC I think the first would require too many new models plus a Codex & the latter would "stuff up" the fluff plus too many new models as well.

My thoughts would be either another attack on Armageddon by the Orks (already many new models plus new Guard stuff) or another Black Crusade from the Eye.
    You could start with a Planet Strike & progress to Apocalypse. Sounds great! When can we start!!
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Brother-Sergeant

It should be a massive Necron incursion with the goal of waking up the C'Tan that's sleeping on Mars.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by the one View Post
    For a start a Horus Heresy could really only use a third of the codeies (Marines & Varients, Guard, Choas, Deamons)

Campaigns are never good fluffwise. GW would just mess up an "end times" campaign.
    How may HH black library books are half full of battering xenos into compliance - whay could all the races not be fitted in easily?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Veteran-Sergeant

I just don't think it'll seem fitting.

Tau... not around yet

Necrons... Asleep

Tyranids... Eating another gaxaly

Amongs others.
    Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.