BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Thanks, dudes.
    So, final touches on Dzarton are finished. I did some glaze work on on his helmet and his lenses, I weathered his legs below the knees with a pigment wash (I've grown to love that technique), and rehighlighted a few parts. I'm always satisfied when I go back and finish these little details, especially on characters.
    Also, I decided on the gladius style blade because it fit with the whole comb and Roman style talbard. I find what when you're making your own characters, it's important to find cohesive bitz.
    Any way, take a look and tell me what you think of the improvements.
    Cera cito.

First-Captain

he's looking much better now he's properly worn and dirty!
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Sergeant

Up next is a wonderful Razorback with FW assault cannon turret. This is a little thing for the sternguard to tool around in, just causing trouble.

The FW turret is a joy. Easy to assemble with no fiddly stupid parts. 10/10 would Forgeworld again.
    The rhino is part of a lot I picked up on Kijiji. I cleaned it up as best I could, but there are still some ugly, huge joins where glue has just piled up. Get what you pay for, kids.

Anyhow, it's not in a light box this time, but take a look:

I'm really pleased with the weathering effects. The chipping was done with a sponge and the rust effects are secret weapon powders as usual.
    Pro tip: the powders that go on top of dried Typhus Corrosion are going to be super hard to soften with a brush. I had to wet them again to get them back down to acceptable levels of brightness. I haven't varnished it yet, so the weathering should be a little more subtle again when it's sealed.

What do you think?
    Cera cito.

It looks like that Razorback has seen its fair share of battles.

Brother-Captain

Lovely, lovely. Nice weathering and the FW razorback turrets are a joy, I have three lying around, only one painted though, lol.

Minor gripe; I would have taken more time with some greenstuff and files to clean and camouflage the Rhino's assembly seams. No matter ancient glue, most of it could have been made flush again?
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Minor gripe; I would have taken more time with some greenstuff and files to clean and camouflage the Rhino's assembly seams. No matter ancient glue, most of it could have been made flush again?
    I have personally skimped on this step many times and regret not taking the extra time. Flushing up and hiding all the seams is well worth the trouble.

Outside of that it is a gorgeous paint job and I am envious of your weathering skills.
    My Truescale Insanity
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48704-Truescale-Space-Wolves

I love Cpt Dzarton's sword, something about the green tint to the blade actually gives it a kind of glassy impression.

Please tell us what your process was for painting that.

Cheers

Brother-Sergeant

@eetdestroyer - I used a method similar to this [URL="http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/223101-tutorial-painting-power-weapons/"]here[/URL] though I adapted it for green.

So, I wish I had something more exciting to show you guys. I did managed to fix up a Rhino for my tac squad.

This was another one that I got used that didn't come with a front visor so I though I would pull something together from plastic card. I think I should have made the viewport a little smaller, but eh, what are you gonna do? I managed to clean up all the joins a bit better this time because of the great advice (and chastising) I got here.

And here it, completed, aside from a coat of varnish. It's raining too hard right now for me to go outside and do it. I did pick up a can of low odour Krylon matte coat which works great and I might be able to use inside when my GF isn't at home. Shhhhhhh....
    Anyway, on to the pics!

I've been getting lazy with the pics, I haven't been busting out the photo box as much, but I feel that with tanks, it's okay. Right?!

Anyhow, what do you dudes think?
    Cera cito.

Brother-Sergeant

Also, I managed to squeeze a game in this weekend at meeplemart in Toronto. They have a great space and a great bunch of people there. Highly recommended if you're in the area, and be sure to look me up.
    Any how, here are a few shots of my first 7th edition game.

The Sternguard left their Rhino to grab an objective and to get out of sight of the approaching Wraith Lord in the background.

Assault Squad Sharpe slammed into a vulnerable Guardian squad, but got bogged down in their numbers until a Farseer with a witchblade dispatched them.

The iron spine of the 4th Company, Tac Squad Bradbury along with Librarian Vonneget hold on to the main objective, a secure dustoff point. Librarian Vonneget managed to battle though the Farseer's mental siege to crush a xenos craft designated as a Waveserpent from the sky.

And here, Captain Dzarton rushes forward to slay the xenos leader in single combat.
    Cera cito.

Brother-Captain

That Rhino window is cool, gives it a unique look. And the army looks good on the table! W00pw00p!
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast