BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Great work mate. Those last little touches really make the models pop!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Great work. More please.
    Well done with the fluff too. One reason i bailed on my last gaming group was the lack of depth involved.
    I know its not important to most, but i feel an army given fluff and fighting themed battles, is better to fight with and against.
    Keep it up.

Looks awesome!

May I recommend that you edge your bases in Scorched Brown(or current equivalent), rather than black? Brown will have a tendency to blend in with the base more, whereas black will stand out significantly between your model and the table, drawing the eyes away from your paint job.

Scout

Totally agree re bases. Brown edges compliment the colour of a decent playing surface and blend in to the basing so the base "fades" away and he model stands out better. Also totally love the fluff you have made for these guys, I feel its a massive part of the gane and helps shape the theme. Great work!!!

Scout

110% Serious, on all fronts. The ash rub on the scout blades is a detail that really transported me to their side, in the thick of it. The scout bikes are amazing. Ditto on the brown base edge. Do the scout bike tires need a bit of muck, or are they already mucked a bit?

*edit* I see some grit and grime in the treads, and the ground does look pretty dry. I think they're mucked enough.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    Great work. More please.
    Well done with the fluff too. One reason i bailed on my last gaming group was the lack of depth involved.
    I know its not important to most, but i feel an army given fluff and fighting themed battles, is better to fight with and against.
    Keep it up.
    I completely agree!
    Your models look awesome and in my opinion are made even better by the time and effort you have put into creating great background fluff, its something im trying to acheive with my Knights of the Emperor Chapter.
    Look forward to seeing more of your models!

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks guys! I'm glad you all like the fluff. I totally agree with all you guys and I've started the process of edging my bases with brown. It's attention to detail that we war-gamers are known for and I wouldn't want to make us look sloppy.

Here's some more. This time around, it's a squad of devastators. They still have the black edge, but I'll fix it on the weekend if I get time.

The Cloud Giants' 9th co. operates more like a living armoury rather than a full battle company. As such and in a slight deviation from the Codex, there is no traditional captain of the 9th, instead, a senior tech-marine, known within the chapter as the Mastersmith, holds this office. Being a young and less affluent chapter, each marine of the 9th learns the basics of maintenance of almost every piece of field equipment in an effort to prolong the favour of the machine spirits within. This respect of wargear is prevalent throughout the entire chapter. Here are my representatives of the 9th company, Devestator Squad Střelec. These newly armoured Astartes are attached to the 3rd company in the field.

Led by Veteran Sargent Aspicio Tireur, clad in his power armour composed of parts from many different MKs. Tireur is a patient yet exacting Sargent, traits that allows him to recommend weapon streams for the Astartes under his command.

Bother Hoplite is wearing one of a rare few suits of MKVII power armour available to the 9th, as this armour is usually reserved for more veteran battle brothers. This armour was bestowed to him by the Mastersmith after Hoplite soothed its machine spirit with a preternatural skill.

Brother-Sergeant

Double post Tuesday! Holy crow!
    It's not much of post, but here's a comparison of the before/after the touch ups on these guys.

Obviously, I started by changing the eye lens colour to green as opposed to orange. I also made sure that they were highlighted like glass or gems. After that, I decided that the ornaments on regular (insofar as they can be) guys should be bone versus green. Then, I re-applied the base colour, now "The Fang," though this step has happened to both. I'm re-basing the ENTIRE army because of that damned green ring. I think they're looking better, don't you?

This comparison really shows the differences a few small changes make. The new eyes look great. Keep up the good work!

Cool colour scheme. And the green eyes really pop. Looking forward to seeing more.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast