BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
    Golden Throne fails, Emperor enters the warp, beats the Chaos Gods to a pulp with their own ripped-off limbs. Chaos is vanquished, the psychic shockwave shattering the eldritch horrors of the warp. With warp travel now a piece of piss, Imperial unity is stronger than ever before, but a civil war breaks out between the factions who wish to preserve the old Imperium, and those who propose a new alliance with the Eldar and Tau. The proponents of the New Imperium win the civil war, and a golden age of prosperity arises, during which the Tyranids are cleansed from the stars. Then the New Imperium of Races faces down the Necrons, now crippled through the actions of the Eldar Laughing God. Short of occasional actions to pacify the Orks, peace reigns in the Galaxy...

While new Chaos gods silently grow in power, in the deepest recesses of the warp...
    and now with nothing to fight the SPEESH MAREENS decide to start playing hide and seek and the custodians jump out yell PEAKABOO screw orks (says so in HHCollectedVisions) and kill the remenants of traitor marines and then the milliatry might of the imperium fixes the human webway.

and everyone lives happily ever arfter

THE END

200000 years later Gw remembers the dark eldar they get 200000 years of codex creep, an incubi snezzes and the entire universe explodes in the codex creeped blast!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Abbess Sanctorum

What exactly are your reasons/opinions for them being so interesting though ?
    As I said, their culture. Their set of beliefs. Hell, even their religion. They live in a society where those at the top really ARE the most qualified for the job-- Orks get bigger, stronger, and smarter the longer they live, and the more they fight (with rare exceptions of Smartboyz, but they don't live very long typically speaking). Orks don't have social unrest as we know it; all the Orks have similar ideas on how things are run. What they worry about is who could run it best, and they decide that quickly and brutally, then move on to more important things. They don't just kill indiscriminately, most of the time they're just interested in a good fight, and they-- every single Ork, from the lowliest boy to the biggest warlord-- all want to be the best.

They are a race that instinctively strives to better itself, regardless of their level of sentience. The Eldar, the humans, the tau, the servants of chaos, they all can become content, and enjoy times of peace. The Orks? They can never be content with what they have. They will always be struggling-- to become bigger, stronger, and meaner than everyone else.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

I think the first answear is the most fluff reasoned one:
    nids and necrons will fight for domination (or completely ignore each other and the C'tan go to sleep again while the hivefleets move on to other galaxies for food).

the chaos gods will dim when all the scentient life is gone.

the only possible way for humankind to survive another 10k years (other than just going the eldar way and fleeing in giant spaceships) is if they would either unite all the imerium's strenght with the imminanet powers that chaos posesses (only realy way for this to happen is if abbadons 14 black crusade finally reaches terra and switches the throne's "off-switch" and then takes over the empire) or the emperor gets rebor somehow (starchild background).

Librarian

I think the first answear is the most fluff reasoned one:
    nids and necrons will fight for domination (or completely ignore each other and the C'tan go to sleep again while the hivefleets move on to other galaxies for food).
    I thought that the Necrons that have awakened were relatively small in number. Who's to say that the rest of them even wake up in time to contest the galaxy from the Tyranids? or that the Tyranids are so quick to win over the rest of the galaxy? Last I checked the Tyranids can't really interact with the Warp, so how are they going into the Webway & the Eye of Terror? I really think that in 10k the galaxy will remain more or less the same.

Brother-Sergeant

There's already a WH50K, we call it Fantasy. The Emperor died, Terra was thrown into an even more "dark ages" state, and now instead of bolters, people used bows.

Yep, Fantasy is definitely what happened 10,000 years after the Emperor died. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Battle-Brother

warhammer 50k? Hmmmm *ponders*

19th edition now in force

The pinning question is now satisfactorily resolved but irrelevant, because everyone is fearless.

Both DE players are still happily using their 2nd edition codex.

CSM codex simplified to the point where there are now only 2 unit entries, a generic commander and a single troops choice!

Tau have "discovered" another 4 species which they have enslaved/persuaded to join the greater good. But the stats are poor so nobody uses them.

IG troopers are 1 point each.

nidzilla is taken to its ultimate, where your army consistes of a single model but with varying stats according to choice/points.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eagleboy7259 View Post
    Last I checked the Tyranids can't really interact with the Warp, so how are they going into the Webway & the Eye of Terror? I really think that in 10k the galaxy will remain more or less the same.
    What are you talking about? The Tyranids are almost unquestionably the most psychically active of all the races, their entire race exist as a single non-physical psychic “super-consciousness,” short of being a Warp God I doesn’t get more warp interactive than that. Hell, their interaction with the Warp is so powerful and fundamental that they/it exert direct influence upon it in their immediate vicinity, calming its normal fluxuations through sheer application of will.
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    and now with nothing to fight the SPEESH MAREENS decide to start playing hide and seek and the custodians jump out yell PEAKABOO screw orks (says so in HHCollectedVisions) and kill the remenants of traitor marines and then the milliatry might of the imperium fixes the human webway.

and everyone lives happily ever arfter

THE END

200000 years later Gw remembers the dark eldar they get 200000 years of codex creep, an incubi snezzes and the entire universe explodes in the codex creeped blast!
    I'm sorry what?

Librarian

What are you talking about? The Tyranids are almost unquestionably the most psychically active of all the races, their entire race exist as a single non-physical psychic “super-consciousness,” short of being a Warp God I doesn’t get more warp interactive than that. Hell, their interaction with the Warp is so powerful and fundamental that they/it exert direct influence upon it in their immediate vicinity, calming its normal fluxuations through sheer application of will.
    I thought that Tyranids and Shadow of the Warp worked differently than that. If they are one single psychic super-conscious then how come Khrone, Tzeentch, Slaanesh, and Nurgle don't just gang up and beat the snot out of the Hive Mind in the immaterium? I'm no fluff expert, but I remember reading something explaining that and why you wouldn't see Hive Tyrants roaming around the Eye anytime in the future.

Veteran-Sergeant

Also, everyone, what do you think Cyphers secret mission is? Stuff like this what do you think has happened? Void Dragon? Mars?
    Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast