BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help

Default Help

I just started a Warriors of Chaos army and I have been having some difficulty. I tried an all Khorne army with 2 Tzeench sorcerers and a Khorne hero. I got beaten badly. Then I changed to an all Nurgle army with 2 Nurgle sorcerers and a Nurgle hero. This I have had more luck with. I need some suggestions for this army. I currently have: 5 hero models(I use them for both heroes and sorcerers), 12 warriors, 20 marauders, 5 knights and I will have a model to use as Galrauch or a Lord on Dragon within a week.

Veteran-Sergeant

What are you losing to?

Dark Elves. Magic heavy dark elves.

Walrus Lord

No offense, but I think you need to buy a real army, you are so limited in what you can field by your models that there is not much advice we can give you? What pts are you playing at right now?

Battle-Brother

Warriors are a hard army to win with.

Take some Marauder horsemen. Make sure to not take a champ. And then kamikaze units with sorceresses and allocate onto them. Once you kill 1 or 2 level 2s then you should have enough magic defence to get on an equal footing.

I just started. I play at 1250 for now. I will make the jump to 2250 soon though. Why take Marauder Horsemen? I use knights to do the same job but with more of a chance to wipe the unit.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Boor View Post
    I just started. I play at 1250 for now. I will make the jump to 2250 soon though. Why take Marauder Horsemen? I use knights to do the same job but with more of a chance to wipe the unit.
    Marauder Horsemen are core. Take knights AND horsemen. Unfortunately Chaos Warriors are not a strong core choice.

Brother-Sergeant

The limited amount of points you have to field is hurting you alot. A few friends and I played warbands with escalation. I play O&G and my roomie plays WoC. The lower point games were just brutal massacures against my army. You just cant put enough powerful numbers on the field to win combats. As the points began to increase closer to 2000+ an obvious shift began to occure. From my observation WoC function best at 2000+ points. They are just too darn expensive to run efficiently at low points.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by npullan View Post
    Warriors are a hard army to win with.
    Huh!? Compared to what!?

Honestly, not trying to be a dick I have just never heard that said.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Randroid View Post
    Huh!? Compared to what!?

Honestly, not trying to be a dick I have just never heard that said.
    Really?

Warriors are just too small. You have to build a TIGHT list or you run the risk of getting overrun. It doesn't matter that you're guys are hugely powerful if they get hit in both flanks.

Unlike other elite armies, Warriors can't get enough units unless you build them right.

The most effective armies for Warriors are those which take LOTS of smaller units to help them deal with movement. Hounds, Marauder Horsemen, Chariots, etc.

If you build the most obvious Warriors + Knights = Win army, then you end up dropping games against any opponent who can capitalize on your small number of units and limited mobility.

At least that's what all the Warriors players in my area (TONS of them) say. I personally play all kinds of Elves.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast