BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Apocalypse and Unique Characters

Does Apocalypse's "all unit restrictions are removed" rule allow you to take multiple unique characters? It's potentially abusive, true, but taking multiple Pasks would be pretty sweet for anyone trying to proxy Space Marine Leman Russes.

Abbess Sanctorum

Unless it has a specific caveat about named characters, then yes, all limits are removed would mean that named characters are also unlimited.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Librarian

Field an entire army of Calgars! MWAHAHA!

Seriously though, I am pretty sure this is true, though as a player I would be unwilling to field or play against an army like that unless you gave a good rational (like using lots of Pasks to represent SM Leman Russes). The relaxation of restrictions is intended to offer more freedom for flavor, not for abuse. I think as long as you keep the "spirit" of the rules in mind it's fine.
    Last edited by Just_Me; 11-14-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Brother-Captain

I read they'd toyed with the idea of making SCs mandatory, but it went against the whole "field all your models" idea in case someone didn't own any SC models. So if you owned multiples, that would mean you'd have to field them.

If you have multiples and they fit fluff wise as "counts as " models, I'd be up for fighting agaisnt you. If you have two Calgars, but they are both modeled as the Ultramarine, I would say no, but if you have one as a Crimson Fist chapter master and one as Calgar, then it's fair game in my book.

Veteran-Sergeant

I do not believe that they intended for you to take more than one of the same SC. It says more along the lines that the force organization chart is not enforced and all 0-1 or 0-2 restrictions on units are lifted...in the special characters box in the Apoc rulebook, it just says bring as many SCs as you like. It also says "no model should be left behind"

I think as long as you are bringing an extra copy of Abaddon because you own it and you want the second one to represent another very powerful chaos lord, that should be fine...Abaddon and Abadsteve I can deal with...on the other hand, I think ordering 6000 points worth of Abaddon models would be kinda douchey...on the other hand, most armies would eat that alive anyway just by volume of fire. I know for a fact that a couple of flank marched Baneblades in the right spot ate Abaddon, 4 chaos terminator lords, and a big retinue in one round of fire...so 20 Abaddons as a 6k army should not be real hard to bring down.

That being said, my usual 4k army is all 3 Baneblades, a Shadowsword, a Stormlord, and a Hellhammer with a Vulcan Megabolter Macharius and a Valdor thrown in for variety. And at 6k I add 9 valkyrie/vendetta fliers and a couple of tech priests w/ retinue...and a lot of people think that that many superheavies is douchey too, so I am not sure that I could ever give anyone too much of a hard time...Apocalypse is supposed to be fun...so bring what you want.

Brother-Captain

It all depends on what your opponent agrees to in Apoc.

I've got a huge apoc game coming up, and one of my opponents is running Marbo-wing. Something like 25 Marbos . . . It's going to be awesome

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post

I've got a huge apoc game coming up, and one of my opponents is running Marbo-wing. Something like 25 Marbos . . . It's going to be awesome
    Coool...
    Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post

LOL

I wish I could see that
    40k Dark Eldar HORDES - Legion of Everblight / INFINITY - Yu Jing, HaqqIslam

"He's over there!"

"No, he's over there!"

If all 25 are identically done, that's even more awesome.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

As always, if your opponents agree, all well and good. However, strictly speaking, I don't think Apocalypse overrides the unique rule. It overrides the FoC chart, and it overrides 0-1 type restrictions, and it overrides unit dependencies (e.g., you could take a command squad without taking a captain). But the unique rule is separate from all those, found in the main rulebook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast