BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Could be, I think Deathguard, Thousand Sons, Emperors Children or World eaters would have been a better choice over Black Legion. I could see people going nuts for Deathguard.
    I'd go nuts over Thousand Sons, largely because Deathguard can be done with the current Codex as a pretty strong list, so all you'd get is a more fluffy list. But Thousand Sons need actual stats/rules help, so a supplement for them would both add a fluffy list and, hopefully, make the units a whole lot better. Plague Marines squads don't really need help as they are strong enough now, but Thousand Sons have some big problems.

Chapter-Master

it isn't really about what force can or can't be done with the existing book though, the supplements are background first, rules second. a couple of tweaks, maybe a warlord trait chart, it is not the only way to make force x. you can have an amazing iyanden army without ever having the iyanden supplement.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    it isn't really about what force can or can't be done with the existing book though, the supplements are background first, rules second. a couple of tweaks, maybe a warlord trait chart, it is not the only way to make force x. you can have an amazing iyanden army without ever having the iyanden supplement.
    Possibly. There is no guarantee the will keep with that, however, as Games Workshop is consistently inconsistent.

Librarian

I'm curious to see what Warlord chart BL gets, and if any new daemonweapons come along.

Brother-Sergeant

I'm just hoping that Abaddon unlocks cult marines as troops. My army had one each of Plague, 2k Sons, Noise and Berserker marines and it was quite a fun and good-looking army to play with.

Happy to see a Chaos Space Marine Codex Supplement...

Sad because it isn't Emperors Children.

Sure going to buy it

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    Possibly. There is no guarantee the will keep with that, however, as Games Workshop is consistently inconsistent.
    no possibly about it, at this point there is no reason to assume anything other than the evidence we already have. no point making wild guesses about how future books might play out, and no point saying x faction is unlikely because it is already doable.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

The current Black Legion Fluff (by which I mean legion troops in their legion specific armour, with the armour black, and the head the correct colour) is a bit pants - whilst I accept it as canon, and I understand that abaddon can unite all legions into a Black Crusade, the truth is that Abaddon is too good a leader to put a mixed force of inimical legions together. True legionaires stick to their legion. Black Legion might have a berzerker equivalent or a Noise Marine equivalent, but unless they are from world eaters or emperors children geneseed, I don't see them as the real deal - and legionnaires don't hopscotch between legions. As a result, I contend that Black Legion is probably the last of all legions we should see as it is the least interesting - and most likely to be consider OP/broken by whingers, because the only way to represent BL as per the fluff, would be to allow chosen or cult troops (KB, PM, NM, TS) as troops in the FOC.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    no possibly about it, at this point there is no reason to assume anything other than the evidence we already have. no point making wild guesses about how future books might play out, and no point saying x faction is unlikely because it is already doable.
    Heh. There is every reason to assume. That is the nature of assumptions. Games Workshop is a business, and their primary sales is models. There were a lot of new models released that haven't been moving. Call it a wild guess if you like, but I suspect that this supplement will have a lot more tech in it than the previous ones. Care to make a friendly wager?

Veteran-Sergeant

I am hoping for more daemon weapons and better chosen. And maybe last use of cultists. When I got my dark vengence set I started painting them Black Legion any way so I am excited

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast