BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Occuli Imperator

@Nab: Quite right! the inquisition is one crazy beast.

After all has been said I keep going more and more into the "different codecies," camp.

Mostly, I would love to see a plastic range Grey Knights... I would have started the army a long time ago, but I don't want the same 5 guys 'cut and pasted,' all over my army.

Duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

There are a lot of complexities with a Forces of the Inquisition codex.

For one, Sisters of Battle aren't actually part of the Inquisition. They work with the Ordo Hereticus, but only because of an ancient oath and common interest.

As for the Ordo Malleus, the Inquisition itself isn't very directly involved in the battles. The Inquisitors are like detectives, hunting down corruption. They have small, elite strike teams of IST's, but when any real fighting needs to go on they requisition IG, SM's or call in the Grey Knights. Sometimes the Inquisitors and maybe some IST's will go along for the ride, but they don't do the main fighting.

The Ordos Xenos consists mainly of small strike teams. The Deathwatch itself is made up of small, elite teams of SM's, acting as a scalpel while any other Imperium forces just do their normal jobs.

On top of that, the orders don't really work together, unless necessary, as pointed out above.

It'd be tough to do a good combined codex without both retconning some fluff (not that they haven't done that before) and without making the thickest codex in the game.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

A problem that I have with the Forces of the Inquisition Codex is that if they were to combined them all into one, we really wouldn't get any new units aside from the Ordo Xenos stuff. They might change a few rules here and their but it would still be the same old codex with pretty much the same background. If they did combine them all and added a bunch of new units and fluffy to each ordo and miltant arms then we would have a book bigger then the space marines one.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    A problem that I have with the Forces of the Inquisition Codex is that if they were to combined them all into one, we really wouldn't get any new units aside from the Ordo Xenos stuff. They might change a few rules here and their but it would still be the same old codex with pretty much the same background. If they did combine them all and added a bunch of new units and fluffy to each ordo and miltant arms then we would have a book bigger then the space marines one.
    Right. Whereas if we have one codex for Grey Knights and one for Sisters (which is what the current rumors are saying), we'd both get a bunch of new units (particularly the Grey Knights).
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Right. Whereas if we have one codex for Grey Knights and one for Sisters (which is what the current rumors are saying), we'd both get a bunch of new units (particularly the Grey Knights).
    hear hear! rumors ive been hearing, and hints from the pie man over at war seer indicate that theyve started work on the sisters and maybe the grey knights. the models that is, he also indicates codexs for sisters and grey knights. he made a point of excluding inquisition. as much as i like the inquisition fluff(and i love it. lots) they really failed on the table(except malleus, they can be REALLY effective). i could see GW phasing them out. ill have to grab more minis though, i actually like them.

Fly Lord

Hi guys, this thread is getting a little long and stale. I'm locking it and have set up a new shiny thread with that latest list of 2010 minis . Go have fun!
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314