BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Fleet Based Marines would be the hotness. Also chuffed to hear that the Dark Eldar and Necron codices are on the way.

Abbess Sanctorum

It annoys me that you list Daemonhunters as Grey Knights but don't list Witch Hunters as Sisters of Battle. C:WH is more a Sisters of Battle codex than CH is a Grey Knights codex...
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Occuli Imperator

Obviously Im really looking forward to Codex Blood Angels... The Fleet based marine comment as well as the 'winging their way..." could regard the BA.

Duke

Brother-Captain

My bet is that the "fleet-based" marines winging it our way are the Raven Guard, and GW is referring to the Forgeworld Raven Guard dex that is coming in Imperial Armour 8. Shrike gives all Raven Guard Fleet of Foot, so it would make sense that a Raven Guard codex would be "fleet-based".

A GW rep was quoted saying that neither Dark Angels or Black Templar are on the table right now. I'm hoping that GW is not releasing a new RG chapter dex when there are so many codices that need updating, but I guess with the new forgeworld models for Raven Guard coming soon, plus RG as a major focus in IA8 it is possible.

Brother-Captain

IF gw is releasing another Marines army - then the ranting threat should be changed from "why do you hate ultramarines; to: why do you hate marines!"

I think the last think the game needs is another marine variant list...lets get some more interesting armies out there ( I know squats are still hiding somewhere in the grim dark!)
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Scout

With all the recent nostalgia that GW has been digging up and reissuing I have to say I believe that the reference to Blood Angels being "Half of the Story" refers to a BA/DA style Codex: Angels of Death. If you have the 2nd edition codex then you know to what I refer. There was also the "wing" comment thrown out there that seems to fit. Maybe I'm way off the mark but you never know...sometimes old is new again!

My prediction for 3rd 40k codex after Tyranids, Angels of Death, is either Tau or a specialized Chaos Codex (they have been hinting more heavily at this btw).

My money is on there being a Blood Ravens codex. We've heard rumor that they will doing one "sometime before 6th is out" Their name could work since they are largely fleet based and have wings int heir name so to speak. I say this becuase we've been told that Dark Angels nad Black Templars aren't soon, so becuae GW loves Marines we will likely get another Marine codex, which while cool and all we don't really need one.

Occuli Imperator

Though i like the general idea of a Blood Ravens Codex I have to say this: NO MORE MARINE VARIENT CODECIES. Sure BA are coming around the corner, but there are a few marines codecies that need updating, not to mention all non-marine codecies.

Duke

Veteran-Sergeant

I would not bet on a Blood Raven Codex. They exist within the DoW setting and were cross promoted by GW when the game was released. Don't look for much more about them.

A fleet based chapter? Arn't the Dark Angels fleet based?

Dosadi
    "They created a desolation and they called it peace!" -- Tacitus

Chaplain

$$$ says "fleet based marines" = Blood Ravens.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast