BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Displacer Field

Veteran-Sergeant

I would disagree with tank shock and ramshackle needed those extra rules because if they were not in there the unit would be off the table and destroyed so they have specific protection from such an action

Quote Originally Posted by G00dySmiley View Post
    I would disagree with tank shock and ramshackle needed those extra rules because if they were not in there the unit would be off the table and destroyed so they have specific protection from such an action
    OK but what leads you to that? The problem we have is that nothing says that a unit is destroyed when it leaves the table.

Veteran-Sergeant

but nothing says it can't leave the table. so again we are left at what happens when something leaves the table which i think is the crux of the thing

not that it probably matters but fluff wise the things are suppossed to be dangerous

[URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Displacer_field#.UeXtDm2neHM"]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Displacer_field#.UeXtDm2neHM[/URL]
    Last edited by G00dySmiley; 07-17-2013 at 08:39 AM.

but nothing says it can't leave the table. so again we are left at what happens when something leaves the table which i think is the crux of the thing
    Yep for sure. The only thing we can go off is what happens in other situations where a unit could potentially move off the table and in those situations the problem is resolved by stopping at or near the board edge.
    Last edited by Magpie; 07-17-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Chapter-Master

yeah, every situation has the board be 'impassible' except for Flyers and Fall Back moves.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Chapter-Master

not that it probably matters but fluff wise the things are suppossed to be dangerous

[URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Displacer_field#.UeXtDm2neHM"]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Displacer_field#.UeXtDm2neHM[/URL]
    Yeah, it is dangerous. Have you used the Displacer Field... sometimes you end up in the middle of your opponent's army...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

I always liked the idea of rolling on the mishap chart

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Yeah, it is dangerous. Have you used the Displacer Field... sometimes you end up in the middle of your opponent's army...
    I think he meant that all battles in the future are fought atop tall, perfectly rectangular mesas that have cliffs like a million feet tall, so if you fall off the edge you die.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I think he meant that all battles in the future are fought atop tall, perfectly rectangular mesas that have cliffs like a million feet tall, so if you fall off the edge you die.
    Wouldn't the invul kick in when you hit the bottom and displace you yet again ?

Veteran-Sergeant

actually asked the guys who made the call at our shop, for wha tis is worth how they came to a conclution was pg 80 and passengers in wrecked results it says that if a unit cann't be placed it is removed as a casualty. much like disembarking from a wreck in terrain with on vehicle exit if you roll snakeeyes not everybody gets out some are destroyed. is this was the only rulebook reference they could find to not being able to place a model they ruled it destroyed

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345