BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Some relevant pictures:

Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

...I... I have seen all of those.

I should go on tumblr less.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    ...I... I have seen all of those.

I should go on tumblr less.
    Yes you should. I've just harvested them from the existing Fake Geek Girl thread...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Well, at least I didn't recognize Dork Tower.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    [Yay, misogyny!]
    You brought this upon yourself.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Ya till the guys find out 90% of the female Cosplays don't even know what they are dressed as and just wanted attention.

Er...whut now? I've found girl gamers (wargamers and war gamer cosplayers in this instance) to be far more approachable, talkative, enthusiastic, open minded, artistic, imaginative, insightful, humorous, friendly and conscientious than other girls.

I've even been attacked by one who was squeeeing a very high pitched manner over the fact I was sculpting howling banshees (I love Cambridge).
    Every saint has a past, every sinner, a future.

That wasn't me was it? I think I'd remember but it sounds like something I'd do.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    That wasn't me was it? I think I'd remember but it sounds like something I'd do.
    Lol, no, a friend of mine, she's a ballerina and full time sugar addict too. I had not been to Cambridge for about two years and was in the local hobby shop (not GW store) sculpting, she cleared two desks practically in one bound and glomped me, I didn't see it coming and was thankful I had put my scalpel down so I didn't drop it in fright.

@Bigred I say go for it!

@White Tiger88
    Forgot to add this to the post before so I'll slip it in here.

You need to bear in mind there's two sides to any kind of cosplay situation and if you look at it from their perspective it should make things infinitely clearer.

The first is this, some costumes are a little...revealing, but the characters behind them are interesting, what can you do about that seeing as you're not the one that designed the costumes? Not a lot is the answer, but you've decided to be brave, you've put in the hard work in making an outfit and you're now faced with taking the plunge and wearing it in public; for argument's sake let's say it the DE witch elf costume from that thread a while back.

So what you've done has taken incredible amounts of courage seeing as the average promo model in a gay club wears more clothing than this costume contains (and yes, I would know I used to work in one), but you're doing it anyway because you're trying to show off your enthusiasm for the hobby and hopefully impress the artists/designers, perhaps even get a few tips for future costumes or have an opportunity to sit down with them to have a chat about ideas, designs, thought processes for armies/races etc, the list goes on...

So you go along and then you're greeted with comments like.
    "Hot damn id play Wytch with her any day!"
    "Would i be a bad person to ask her if she wants to see my Dagger of Khorne?"

Do these comments seem familiar? They should, they're both yours.

For a very brief second lets assume that she IS trying to get attention, why do it at a gamesday or comicon event?
    Soap and laundry detergent doesn't cost an arm and a leg but given the smell at places like Gamesday or comicon, you could be forgiven for thinking that it does, it's possibly the worst place to go if you crave that kind of attention.

Sadly this happens far too often which is a shame as it must put off far more lady gamers than it needs too, I've seen this happen far too many times, just in GW shops, a nice girl comes in, has a look around and asks questions, but gets stared at by almost all the boys in there with a combination of fear and lust. First time experiences DO matter and with an experience like that chances are she will not only never step foot in a hobby shop again, but she will write off all people who game, this is how the stereotypes of sweaty, unwashed creeps being the norm for wargamers starts.
    Last edited by Build; 07-13-2013 at 02:22 AM.
    Every saint has a past, every sinner, a future.

Chapter-Master

I am going to answer BigRed with a resounding;

BECAUSE IT'S AWESOME!

Right, I am off to go plunder my old Rollerhockey gear, see if I can't set to on a set of armour for an Inquisitor costume!
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

I cant even get girls to dress as nurses/schoolgirl/nun... must be doing something wrong. ;-}

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast