BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pacific 40k - Build-a-Jaeger

Having just come back from my 2ND viewing of Pacific Rim today, I can tell you that me and my friends are now hyped for GIANT ROBOTS.
    Oddly fittingly placed, what with Apocalypse being released today (it's nearly 1am).

So, I have decided that I want to design and build a 40k Jaeger, I have no idea what race it will belong to (probably IG, SM, or Tau, let's be honest)

So, we need weapons (max 4):
    Swords, Axes, Plasma Casters, Chest Cannons, Heat Rays, Missile Launchers, etc

A name, here are some examples:
    Brawler Yukon
    Cherno Alpha
    Coyote Tango
    Horizon Brave
    Romeo Blue
    Tacit Ronin
    Diablo Intercept
    Solar Prophet
    Puma Real
    Eden Assassin
    Gipsy Danger
    Matador Fury
    Shaolin Rogue
    Vulcan Specter
    Chrome Brutus
    Crimson Typhoon
    Striker Eureka
    Nova Hyperion
    Echo Saber
    Mammoth Apostle
    Hydra Corinthian

Each Jaeger is named roughly based on where it's from Matador Fury is Mexican, Striker Eureka is Australian, Tacit Ronin is Japanese, etc
    If it's a Space Marine or Tau piloted Jaeger it will need a more sensible naming scheme (looking at you Gipsy Danger!)

I will make an Apocalypse datasheet at some point, but I imagine it will be around the toughness of a Warhound Titan, with more dexterity...

I will eventually figure these things out myself, but if anyone wants to make contributions to ideas, they will be all appreciated and considered.

(as a side note, I have been painting some Space Marines up as Fire Angels, pictures are on Facebook, but I cba uploading to here. xD)

Also also, I will design a British Jaeger too.
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 07-12-2013 at 05:57 PM.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Fly Lord

You can start with these:

[url]http://www.gundamplanet.com/mega-size-1-48-ms-06f-zaku-ll.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.gundamplanet.com/rx-78-2-mega-size-gundam.html[/url]

Big 1/48 kits about 15-16" tall - then accessorize away with GW bits.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

The fact that something like that movie can get greenlit in Hollywood but a 40k movie can't get traction is simply baffling.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    You can start with these:

[URL]http://www.gundamplanet.com/mega-size-1-48-ms-06f-zaku-ll.html[/URL]
    [URL]http://www.gundamplanet.com/rx-78-2-mega-size-gundam.html[/URL]

Big 1/48 kits about 15-16" tall - then accessorize away with GW bits.
    Good shout there man.

For the record - Gundam Wing Endless Waltz in 1/144 is the same height as my Riptide, but the rest of the scaling is all off. My 1/100 has the same scale torso and arms, but way too long legs. 1/48 is about right for a Titan? ::evil grin::

BTW - dibs on Elysian Caster for my Tau mecha...
    Last edited by LordGrise; 07-14-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    The fact that something like that movie can get greenlit in Hollywood but a 40k movie can't get traction is simply baffling.
    Because manga, Transformers, and Godzilla all have a much bigger following than 40k does. 40k is like an obscure version of Judge Dredd, and Dredd is fairly obscure to mainstream culture in the first place.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

to be fair dredd was huge in Europe in the late 80's / early 90's

This isn't mech talk...

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Merchandising Rights. Apparently (rumour, and not a solid one alert!) GW won't part with them.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Saw it today with my son and we both enjoyed it. Reminds me of mech warrior! used to play on PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast