BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

The defribulator sounds like something that slows enemy movement. Which is exactly why if used properally could buy you an extra shooting phase.
    For the Greater good.

Scoring Crisis Suits? Bring back the Missile Long Fangs!

Quote Originally Posted by jifel View Post
    Scoring Crisis Suits? Bring back the Missile Long Fangs!
    At least it gives us a speedier and more durable option for relic missions without having to use allies.
    www.ancientcitycon.com June 18-20, 2014 Jacksonville, FL

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    The defribulator sounds like something that slows enemy movement. Which is exactly why if used properally could buy you an extra shooting phase.
    I'm pretty sure this is 100% correct, since it even says that you could earn an extra shooting phase if you use it "Early enough". Something that causes a small earthquake, forcing enemy units to move in difficult terrain for a turn or so.

First-Captain

Taking Tau allies that's suit heavy is rather nice. Also it works well vise versa. Make me want to run a Tau/ CSM marine list.

First-Captain

From a Spanish website: [url]http://forofreakfactory.mforos.com/1035375/11267302-codex-o-shovah-fotos-y-rumores-a-dia-14/#103079772[/url]

Seems a bit wishlisty but we'll see.

1 - FOC Changes: *If Farsight is included in your primary detachment, he must be your Warlord

*Crises Suits are now Troops choices

*Cannot take Ethereals (special character or normal) or Shadowsun, but Fireblades are now Elite choices and can be taken 1-3 per slot

2 - Special Issue Wargear (can choose from this list or the original Tau list, but not both):

*Seismic Fibrillator Node -- One use only. Reduces target unit's moving, running/flat out moves, assault moves, and jet pack/jet bike moves in the assault phase by 3".

*Fusion Blades -- User's close combat attacks become S8 AP1 Melta, Unwieldy

*Advanced Jump Accelerator -- Replace Battlesuit's Jetpack, granting it a 9" move in movement phase and 3D6" in the assault phase.

*High Yield Shield Generator -- Grants user a 3++ Invulnerable save

*Advanced Markerlight Pod -- Battlesuit gear that, if it hits, grants two markerlight hits (these can be used by the Battlesuit and his unit, like a networked markerlght)

*Advanced Railrifle -- Solid Shot: S8 AP1 Rapid Fire, 60" or Submunition: S4 AP4 Large Blast, 60"

*Integrated Defense Matrix Node -- One use only. All friendly Codex: Tau Empire units within 18" of the user may overwatch at full BS for a single turn

3 - Special Rules: *All units with the option to take Bonding Knife Ritual get the upgrade for free *Unconventional Doctrine -- All Crises Battlesuits, Tau Commanders, Crises Bodyguard, and Farsight himself exchange the Supporting Fire special rule with the Rage and Furious Charge USRs.

Scout

I wonder if this Codex Supplement idea is going to become a trend for all codex releases. I hope this one will at least be more useful in game then the Eldar one.
    Check out my work on the horror miniature skirmish game Nevermooor at www.NevermoorGame.com

Quote Originally Posted by the9ravan
    I wonder if this Codex Supplement idea is going to become a trend for all codex releases. I hope this one will at least be more useful in game then the Eldar one.
    I, personally, liked the Iyanden one. It wasn't stronger than the Eldar codex so people could choose which to use: a generic Eldar one or a specific Iyanden one and both would be each other equals.

You seem to ask for a more powerfull version of a normal codex so you can be stronger than your opponent. Do we really need that ? Supplements that totally disrupt the balance between the normal codexes ?

I don't think so.

Iyanden was great because people who wanted to play Iyanden could do so without being more powerfull than other Eldar players.

I'm hoping this supplement will be able to create what I've always used, which is a Vior'la themed army, as opposed to just an army with Commander Farsight in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eberk View Post
    I, personally, liked the Iyanden one. It wasn't stronger than the Eldar codex so people could choose which to use: a generic Eldar one or a specific Iyanden one and both would be each other equals.

You seem to ask for a more powerfull version of a normal codex so you can be stronger than your opponent. Do we really need that ? Supplements that totally disrupt the balance between the normal codexes ?

I don't think so.

Iyanden was great because people who wanted to play Iyanden could do so without being more powerfull than other Eldar players.
    +1 to that!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast