BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Codex Tau - Farsight Enclave pictures

Have gotten a hold of the initial release stuff. [URL="http://www.3plusplus.net/2013/07/farsight-supplement-tau-codex/"]Pictures complied together here[/URL].

Some of the wording looks like Crisis Suits could be Troops.

Chapter-Master

So either Crisis Teams or Stealth Teams as Troops? Blimey!
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Fly Lord

A "Seismic Fibrillator Node" that can "get you an extra shooting phase"...

It's like they WANT me to bring more Wave Serpents to deal with this Tau escalation...

Farsight Enclave Rules Summary

ARMY SPECIAL RULES
    Battlesuit Spearhead - All Crisis Suits are Troops, but you must take at least one unit of three Battlesuits, not including drones. Finally, suit armies are a real thing.

Ork Hunters - All units have Preferred Enemy (Orks) in Close Combat only. The nice fluff addition.

Ta'lissera Bond - You must take, and pay for, the Bonding Knife upgrade for every unit in the army.

Divergent Destiny - No taking Shadowsun or Aun'Va.

Allies - You may ally with another Tau army as Battle Brothers! And there's a way to take five Riptides...

WARGEAR
    Earth Caste Pilot Array - Your battle suits reroll 1s for shooting, and failed Nova reactor checks, but are WS:1

Talisman of Arthas Molach - 5+ Invul, and roll 4d6 and take the highest for Deny the Witch rolls

Warscaper Drone - Move through cover, Outflank, Acute senses for the squad, enemies within 12 suffer the effects of difficult terrain.

Seismic Fibrilator Node - on a 2+ all terrian within 36 is difficult ground. On a 5+, the effect continues into the next turn, roll each turn. One time use.

Mirrorcodex: +1 to Seize the Initiative, on a 4+ units within 6" gain Preferred enemy Space Marines, and various Imperial factions.

Fusion Blades - Commanders only
    18" S:8 AP:1 Assault1 Melta Twin-Linked
    S:8 AP:1 Melee, Armorbane, Blind

CHARACTERS
    There are 8 Characters who can be included in Farsight's bodyguard, each in a suit with unique combos of wargear, including 3 Commanders, a Broadside, and a Riptide. The ultimate Deathstar if you take them all.
    Last edited by Bigred; 07-20-2013 at 08:46 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

Something tells me it will only be for one unit, it would be too ridiculous to be anything more.
    Frankly, an army composed entirely of battlesuits is a very scary one, but depending on what they are kitted out with the army does lose out on a tonne of both bodies and S5 firepower at 30".
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

DO WANT.

That is some gorgeous artwork.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    Something tells me it will only be for one unit, it would be too ridiculous to be anything more.
    Frankly, an army composed entirely of battlesuits is a very scary one, but depending on what they are kitted out with the army does lose out on a tonne of both bodies and S5 firepower at 30".
    Would bode well for th we black legion book too. Hopefully they get terminator troops. Would love a T5 terminator army
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

First-Captain

I wll be getting this book. I think I might re paint my army now. I always wanted to run a real O'Shova army. The first codex alowed for some differance, which was nice.

Still seeing how expensive suits are 3 - 6 for almost 200 points. Steqlth suits at alittle over 200 can dish out 28 strength 5 shots, but at 200 firewariors can dish out 20, 40, or 60 shots. While you can get 32 shots out of crisis suits.

However 30 shots for suits is much easier than 40 shots from Tau. Honetly if you march up with Tau you can get roughly the same amount of fire power.

Than let's not go into what is more durable overall 3 crisis suits, 6 stealth, or 20 fire warriors.

The biggest factor is the crisis can start taking gun drones which is a nice option. 4 drones = 8 shots which is a bit cheaper than a crisis suit with 8 shots. Oh the suit would be 42 points my bad, so they can put out 40 shots at 200 roughly. That is the same as rapid firing tau.

Seismic Fibrillator sounds like something that targets the enemy. And its in the context of enemies approaching, so I'm guessing it slows down enemy models advancing upon you.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    At 24" you can have suit shoot double the amount of power than fire warriors. Also kep in mind the 2d6 movement.

Initiate

Im thinking it will be like in the Grey Knights Codex, take this HQ this unit type is troops, etc... But with what im seeing game wise right now, An all suits list wont be any more fearsome then any other list. Every army has a counter to someone else right now, and some seem better shooting then the Tau.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast