BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by energongoodie View Post
    From a Spanish website: [url]http://forofreakfactory.mforos.com/1035375/11267302-codex-o-shovah-fotos-y-rumores-a-dia-14/#103079772[/url]

Seems a bit wishlisty but we'll see.

1 - FOC Changes: *If Farsight is included in your primary detachment, he must be your Warlord

*Crises Suits are now Troops choices

*Cannot take Ethereals (special character or normal) or Shadowsun, but Fireblades are now Elite choices and can be taken 1-3 per slot

2 - Special Issue Wargear (can choose from this list or the original Tau list, but not both):

*Seismic Fibrillator Node -- One use only. Reduces target unit's moving, running/flat out moves, assault moves, and jet pack/jet bike moves in the assault phase by 3".

*Fusion Blades -- User's close combat attacks become S8 AP1 Melta, Unwieldy

*Advanced Jump Accelerator -- Replace Battlesuit's Jetpack, granting it a 9" move in movement phase and 3D6" in the assault phase.

*High Yield Shield Generator -- Grants user a 3++ Invulnerable save

*Advanced Markerlight Pod -- Battlesuit gear that, if it hits, grants two markerlight hits (these can be used by the Battlesuit and his unit, like a networked markerlght)

*Advanced Railrifle -- Solid Shot: S8 AP1 Rapid Fire, 60" or Submunition: S4 AP4 Large Blast, 60"

*Integrated Defense Matrix Node -- One use only. All friendly Codex: Tau Empire units within 18" of the user may overwatch at full BS for a single turn

3 - Special Rules: *All units with the option to take Bonding Knife Ritual get the upgrade for free *Unconventional Doctrine -- All Crises Battlesuits, Tau Commanders, Crises Bodyguard, and Farsight himself exchange the Supporting Fire special rule with the Rage and Furious Charge USRs.
    This is so wish-listy there is not enough salt in the house. Put even half of that into play, and no one would play vanilla Tau any more. ::grin:: Vanilla Tau... I like the sound of that. Maybe next edition we might see some sept-level force variations...

Doesn't make sense for Farsight either.... He's a renegade. How is he meant to lay his mitts on snackier toys than the rest of the Empire?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Because Tau are still good at developing technology, and he has a mysterious advanced sword which could be reverse engineered...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Possible I guess.

Just purely thinking resources. The Tau are the only species in scientific growth, but they do have an entire caste across their species tinkering away.

To my mind, the only thing that would hold Farsight's lot back is a comparative lack of resources.

But that being said, I guess the Enclave could appeal to the wackier minded Earth Caste, who might enjoy vein able to work out from under Ethereal oversight.

Above list is still somewhat wishlisty, based off the rumour itself, and the example (not yet a precedent of course) set by Iyanden.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I wouldn't necessarily say Iyanden is balanced though, a Wraithknight Warlord? Ugh. I don't want to fight that.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Fly Lord

Farsight Enclave ships today with the following note:

Available first as Digital Edition for Android, Kindle, and iBooks. Not in print for three months. DOWNLOAD NOW
    I am not pleased...

HOLY CRAP!

Now that is one nasty Deathstar you can build!!!

[URL="http://greenblowfly.blogspot.com/2013/07/confirmed-farsight-enclave-rules.html"]Confirmed Farsight Enclave Rules[/URL]

Anyone want to start summarizing the high points? I'm sleepy.
    Last edited by Bigred; 07-20-2013 at 12:38 AM.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Not sure that this went through -

This is a preliminary post on the Farsight rules - [url]http://wayoftheeldar.blogspot.com/2013/07/farsight-enclaves-supplement-review.html[/url]

Enjoy, I usually have these up day of or after, at least for the supplements.

Librarian

The commando team just made me think of the avengers haha, riptide as the hulk etc.

If you took a full 7, sure, it'd be crazy expensive, but given it says up to, you can take anywhere from one to 7 Independent Character HQ that don't take force org slots. I feel like there must be some sort of useful utility there, especially in the IC Riptide.

Speaking of Riptides, as all Riptides in a Farsight army can take signature systems that means you can give a normal one an Earth Caste Piloting array. Can you say viable Heavy Burst Cannon? Rerollable nova reactor is pretty nuts, I'd imagine that system is fairly expensive...

Combining the Warscaper Drone and Seismic Fibrilation node seems like it'd be pretty nasty, especially with jetpacks letting you get those bubbles of effect exactly where you want them.... lots of interesting stuff.
    Last edited by Patrick Boyle; 07-20-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Fly Lord

Farsight Enclave Rules Summary

ARMY SPECIAL RULES
    Battlesuit Spearhead - All Crisis Suits are Troops, but you must take at least one unit of three Battlesuits, not including drones. Finally, suit armies are a real thing.

Ork Hunters - All units have Preferred Enemy (Orks) in Close Combat only. The nice fluff addition.

Ta'lissera Bond - You must take, and pay for, the Bonding Knife upgrade for every unit in the army.

Divergent Destiny - No taking Shadowsun or Aun'Va.

Allies - You may ally with another Tau army as Battle Brothers! And there's a way to take five Riptides...

WARGEAR
    Earth Caste Pilot Array - Your battle suits reroll 1s for shooting, and failed Nova reactor checks, but are WS:1

Talisman of Arthas Molach - 5+ Invul, and roll 4d6 and take the highest for Deny the Witch rolls

Warscaper Drone - Move through cover, Outflank, Acute senses for the squad, enemies within 12 suffer the effects of difficult terrain.

Seismic Fibrilator Node - on a 2+ all terrian within 36 is difficult ground. On a 5+, the effect continues into the next turn, roll each turn. One time use.

Mirrorcodex: +1 to Seize the Initiative, on a 4+ units within 6" gain Preferred enemy Space Marines, and various Imperial factions.

Fusion Blades - Commanders only
    18" S:8 AP:1 Assault1 Melta Twin-Linked
    S:8 AP:1 Melee, Armorbane, Blind

CHARACTERS
    There are 8 Characters who can be included in Farsight's bodyguard, each in a suit with unique combos of wargear, including 3 Commanders, a Broadside, and a Riptide. The ultimate Deathstar if you take them all.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast