BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Farsight Enclave ships today with the following note:

I am not pleased...

HOLY CRAP!

Now that is one nasty Deathstar you can build!!!

[URL="http://greenblowfly.blogspot.com/2013/07/confirmed-farsight-enclave-rules.html"]Confirmed Farsight Enclave Rules[/URL]

Anyone want to start summarizing the high points? I'm sleepy.
    That's almost 1500 points at least.

This book has given us the 40k Seven Samurai, and for that, I am pleased.

(okay yes, there's nine of them, shush)
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

First-Captain

I'm loving this extra rules sauce to pour all over my Tau! Nice

On the "how does he GET these things" front, it seems that being in charge of an Artifact World full of arcane gubbins allows one to build quite the war machine.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

First-Captain

What I find interesting is that the IC are not restricted with the regular Tau special gear. Meaning that if you at least have ignore cover and tank/ mc hunter you are gravy.

Thinking about it more you can add each commander to differant suits. I think it's odd to possibly have 2 riptides in a squad with O'Shova with the fusion blade, ignore cover, and tank/ mc hunter.

The eight aren't independent characters. They replace Farsight's normal super command squad. So instead of up to 7 regular suits with normal access to upgrades (which is in the regular tau book), you can choose to take "The Eight" instead, which would be 1-7 of the named Suits (and you can't buy them any upgrades).

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Billyjoeray View Post
    The eight aren't independent characters. They replace Farsight's normal super command squad. So instead of up to 7 regular suits with normal access to upgrades (which is in the regular tau book), you can choose to take "The Eight" instead, which would be 1-7 of the named Suits (and you can't buy them any upgrades).

They have Independant Character as a special rule listed for all of them. They are all commanders except the broadside and riptide. On all their disriptions it is said they are all IC's.

3 of them are really useful. However besides the riptide most of those suits hit between 150-200 each. Taking 3 suits and Farsight can easily take up to 800 points.

I think the abiltity to potentially out flank from the enemies rear is a nice option.

The Eight are pretty cool, seem more like an Apocalypse formation than a standard 40k unit, tho.

Battle-brothersing these guys in w/ regular Tau (or vice-versa) makes their FOC choices a lot more flexible, too.

Edit: Hmm, seems kinda weird that Farsight Enclaves included 7 new Special Characters, but Iyanden's supplement didn't give non-scenario rules for their unique character who's been kicking around for years.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 07-20-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Judging by the uber space maureen hatred in this dex, i really hope the new SM dex is seriously beefed up!

This is simply too good to be true. I look for this to be errata-ed straight to nerf hell meh-dom before the dead-tree version ships. That said, if I had the money I'd go buy the damn Ipad just so I could get this while it's still hot, fresh, and tasty...
    Last edited by LordGrise; 07-21-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast