BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fly Lord

Default Bigred's Alaitoc Eldar

Now, this is what you might call a "long-term" project. We have everything from the original Space Elves from Rogue Trader, to the Wraithknight. The army predates Alaitoc in fact. It was originally painted in the scheme of the Rogue Trader era Yriel's Eldritch Raiders (that's how old Yriel is). Years later when the Craftworlds were codified, the blue with yellow helmets became the colors of Alaitoc and it was off to the races.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eldar-aspects-01.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	266.1 KB 
ID:	4364
    ASPECTS
    First up, the Aspect Warriors. We have all metal aspects here, mostly from the first range produced. There are some more recent ones in there, but alas after 20+ years still no Shining Spears. I've found I have more than enough to test out new army list builds and change up my army for tactical, or narrative reasons at will.

Name:	eldar-guardians-01.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	259.1 KB 
ID:	4365
    GUARDIANS
    Next, the Guardian core of the force. We have a lot of the original "Space Elves", all the way up to the latest Guardians. My current project is a second set of the current Warwalkers to give my old Rogue Trader ones a well deserved rest. Also I am kind of a collector of the support platform gunner toting the "Eldar lunchbox" - see how many you can spot. I love that guy!

Name:	eldar-wraith-01.jpg 
Views:	1011 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	4366
    WRAITHS
    Next come the dead. We have a mix here of ancient "Eldar Dreadnoughts" with everything up to the Wraithknight. Next up for this warhost will be a squad of 5 Wraithguard with D-Scythes.

Name:	eldar-tanks-01.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	242.4 KB 
ID:	4367
    TANKS
    Now we have the Eldar motorpool of tanks. We have all the 4 codex types represented, including three original Forgeworld Wave Serpents. They are of a design I think is superior to the plastic kit, and one that makes much more sense with the current Serpent Shield rules.

Name:	eldar-aircover-01.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	229.0 KB 
ID:	4368
    AIR-FAST MOVERS
    Here we have the fast movers of the army. A Firestorm AAA tank, 2 Phoenix bombers, and a gaggle of Jetbikes and Vypers. Rounding out the group is a pair of jetbike Autarchs and a Farseer.

More coming...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Fly Lord

Name:	eldar-outcasts.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	188.9 KB 
ID:	4369
    OUTCASTS - PSYKERS
    Our final group shot are the Outcasts and Psykers. We have a big group of Alaitoc rangers (who used to drive people mad with the Ranger Disruption Table, Harlequins, and the Farseers and Warlocks on foot.

More shots of:

Aspects:

Name:	eldar-aspects-02.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	274.0 KB 
ID:	4370

Guardians:

Name:	eldar-guardians-02.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	260.6 KB 
ID:	4371

Whew...

Brother-Sergeant

Nice, I'm digging the classic models, I still love the old scatter lasers and heavy plasma cannons.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal) Satire 6

Lovely stuff, Bigred. Love classic Eldar, that's a great collection you've got there.

Also, your Wraithknight rules. Nice to see what it looks like in Alaitoc blue.

I still have a bunch of the 2nd Ed Eldar models that were my first ever purchases: Eldrad, Karandras, a handful of Rangers, Warp Spiders, Striking Scorpions and Howling Banshees. A metal War Walker that wouldn't ever stay together. Even have some of the plastic guardians with lasguns. Of course, they're horribly painted right now, but nothing a little scrubbing won't fix...
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Battle-Brother

Always nice to see more Alaitoc Love all your classic models, your army looks great!

I am impressed at how closely you were able to match the paint schemes between the older models and newer. The generations of Wraithlord look particularly good next to each other, in a way I've never seen before. I've also been a huge fan of the older Jes Goodwin sculpts and I like to see armies that still have his older stuff in them, as I think they withstand the test of time better than anything else from that era.

First-Captain

Great collection mate. I'm well jel.

Fly Lord

Why thank you!

I'm going to grab some D-Scythe Wraithguard next, so I'll try to blend them into the existing ones. Should be interesting.

I will drop pics into here as I continue to update the army.

Iron Father

Looking good Red. I'm really quite envious . So far I have a grand total of 8 models in my Eldar army at the moment
    10 d-scythes are my next task.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Fly Lord

Reinforcements!

I've been on a painting spree!

Crimson Hunter (it's crimson on the underbody)
    Lynx w/sonic lance (I can't wait to try this out at the next Apoc game!)

Name:	eldar-tanks-02.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	203.5 KB 
ID:	4699

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast