BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Eldar, a second look after some games under my belt...

I donīt know what i was thinking, when i was b******g about trivial stuff when the codex came out. My games (three latest ones, now knowing the rules better ) have been FREAKING AWESOME!!!

** SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENīT WATCHED MY TWO LAST BATREPS **

First game of these three was against Space Wolves and i cleared the table with ease...some argue, that my opponent didnīt have the best list, but hey, we all make these choices ourselves. In this match, i got a glimpse, how great the Crimson Hunter really is. If there is no AA on the table, itīs game over. New Bladestorm is superior to the last one and Phoenix Lords (and even Banshees) and psychic powers work.
    And i know, i ramble always about the Walkers, but cīmon...itīs hard to make a list WITHOUT them nowadays...

Second one was a tag-team game with Eldar/IG vs. Grey Knights/Space Wolves. In this game i tried Illic and Fire Dragons infiltrate trick and gave opponent the first blood and lost the Warlord on turn one too. But due to a cinematic rise in the games second half, my Wraithknight and Crimson Hunter saved the game to a draw. Again, nothing to complain about the list, the swiftness and firepower of the Lost Vyper fleet is just brutal...

Third one was against the Blood Angels and i STILL tried the Illic+FD trick and it worked as bad as in the last game...BUT...he had 2 x Hyperios Whirlwinds + Quad-Gun and my Crimson Hunter STILL caused havoc all around (fe. dropping Storm Raven and killing the Dred inside and wounding Mephiston ). It was the first time i tabled our FLGC skilled veteran with his first army.

So, the second look give me the reassurance, that we really have a codex to play with for many years to come. Warlord traits and the "filled to the rim" Heavy choices are the only complaints now. I just love that codex...just got me 6 Warp Spiders for more shenanigans ...

Next game is on wednesday (i hope) and iīm going to try to make a list, filled with Elites and options i havenīt used yet (Dark Reapers, Harlequins etc.). Maybe play with out Walkers (NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ), just to see, is there the certain units that work, or is everything kosher...Hemlock fighter against Marines? Well, letīs not be THAT crazy...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Great to hear it's going well, and thanks for posting this. It's easy to look at books when they come out and think, well, that doesn't look so sharp... it's another to see them work in the fires of battle.

What's your loadout for the Crimson Hunter? My brother is convinced that the Starcannons are the way to go, I'm much less sure.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

I take Exarch and thatīs about it. If facing Necrons Nightvision is a must. I usually face a load of vehicles, so i need the punching power of the basic weaponry, plus those weapons kill also everything alive
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Right, that's my thinking. It's for hunting flyers, tanks, and then anything else.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Yep, thatīs job. Altough it cleared nicely Grey Knight terminators
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Scout

Did the Blood Angel player have a good amount of sanguinary priests? I am curious if the change to Shuriken weapons help at all to midigate some of the difficulty of kill FnP marines.

When FnP went from 4+ to 5+, it stopped working IMHO (and i like it ), plus BS4 on (Eldar) everything boosted the killing rate enormously! He had a priest if i remember correctly. Check the BATREP to find out more

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj-SzlxamBA[/url]
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by the9ravan View Post
    Did the Blood Angel player have a good amount of sanguinary priests? I am curious if the change to Shuriken weapons help at all to midigate some of the difficulty of kill FnP marines.
    5+ fnp only saves 1/3 of wounds, granted as an eldar player I like my rending shuri weapons, but a save of 3+ then 5+ fnp turned to a 5+ fnp is still a win in my book.

for the op will say the Illic trick can be nice but some tourney's won't allow it (the one i played this weekend did not) so once more and more bat repa are out with tournety's not allowing (though i could not get a rules refrence to why) it may be frowned upon or just disallowed by opponents, though I am failry sure it will be faq'd soon (i hope anyway).

there was the question also about star cnanons... yes they are nice btu unless i was sporting 3 crimson hunters i would go standard loadout. more shots at ap 2 is good for anti termninator and heavy armor infantry, but with eldar you pay alot of points to do one things really well. you have a av10 with 4 str 8 ap2 shots 2 with lance. for 160 points.. if that were the end of the sotry nobody would take a flyer that cna be glances to death by bolters and most standard troop guns; that is however not what you pay for, you pay to be abel to reroll pens against flyers making a crimson hunter one of if not the best anti flyer in the game. if you want to turn terminators into paste then get wraithguard with ap2 flamers, if you need fast attack get vipers, 3 vipers with staer cannons are 165 and you get more ap2 shots, spend and extra 30 points on cannons and you have 6 str 6 ap2 shots at 36" and if you get within 24" an aditional 9 shots str 6 ap5 with minirend

Chapter-Master

how great the Crimson Hunter really is. If there is no AA on the table
    Otherwise its as worthless as a football bat.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Librarian

The same can be said of the Ork Fliers, the Dakkajet is utterly amazing when there is nothing to shoot at it, as it comes in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast