BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i dream about kin-war against a 3x3 walker list... but seriously unless you dont show lists b4 game the walker threat is still nothing gr8 on the flanks and if they are on table, although they are a vast improvement on last dex, they are still vulnerable ... not many ppl going to take twin EML.. so their range is still poor ... but they are gr8 v noobs...

think lots of players out there must play on billiard tables... apply terrain rules... walkers suck..
    my ork army would take them out in one turn [yes all 9] and my eldar army in 2 or if they were incredibly lucky 3...

can only imagine how horribly they die against necron or tau...

I dance my War Walkers in and out of line of sight blocking terrain all game long due to being able to run after I shoot. Unless you have line of sight ignoring weapons you won't be taking anyone's War Walkers out so easily.

Simply give them Star Engines, hide them behind LOS blocking terrain, walk them forward, shoot the enemy with them, run back behind the LOS blocking terrain, getting a minimum of a 4 inch run. But with Fleet, it will probably be much more than that.

At any rate, don't think a smart Eldar player is going to let you just rickroll his War Walkers. That isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by Roadkill Zombie; 07-15-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Librarian

I agree that the new Eldar, when played right, are just fantastic!
    I'm now taking 3-4 10man Dire Avenger squads instead of 5man.
    The Serpent Shield shooting is just ridiculous when combined with the Scatter Laser's Laser Lock rule.
    Crimson Hunter FTW to be sure!
    WraithKnight is also awesome as well as War Walkers (their 5++ has saved them more than I can count. Add Fortune and BOOYA!)
    Night Spinner is also a beast.
    Str 7 against most units, but Str 8 vs Init 3 or less and vehicles. That's a Large Blast Str 8 Barrage shot! And twin linked!

New Eldar rocks. Period.

I've played only one battle using new Codex so far (too much work now :/) but it was awesome.
    2K points against Ultramarines in our local campaign - Eldar of Tis'Aenai Craftworld clashed with Third Company of Ultramarines in Starport Sector of ruined city of Volkengard.

When the battle was over my friend said that he felt like his power armours were made of paper

-Bladestorm is awesome - Jetbikes and Dire Avengers turned his tacticals to shreds and moved on, taking partial or total cover, closing on new targets or pulling back to safety.
    -Wave Serpents are great - extremely tough and mobile with deadly firepower. They destroyed Quad Gun in first turn and no Rhino, Dreadnought or scout was save behind cover of Aegis Battleline.
    -Wraithguards took crazy amount of fire (their WS was destroyed in midfield) but they pressed on and finally last of them smashed into remnants of tac squad, pounding it to the ground.
    -Warp Spider Exarch with Spinneret Rifle is scary. Squad of six Spiders appeared out of Warp, killed four Terminators and jumped back, out of their efficient assault range.
    -Dark Reapers with Shrouding (from Spiritseer) and Fortune (from Farseer) were untouchable. They withstand three turns of shooting from Thunderfire Cannon and scouts without casualties.

Forge World units (two Hornets and Void Dragon) also done well but it was codex units that won the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Otherwise its as worthless as a football bat.
    Well, as was said, two Hyperios Whirlwinds and a Quad-Gun didn´t drop it from the sky, while all have the Interceptor/Skyfire -rule...but the AV10 is terrible still...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Then thats some piss poor rolling or terrific save making. Mine was wrecked by bolt guns double firing at it once...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    Well, as was said, two Hyperios Whirlwinds and a Quad-Gun didn´t drop it from the sky, while all have the Interceptor/Skyfire -rule...but the AV10 is terrible still...
    just because a statistically improbably outcome occurs once does not mean you should rely on it to occur again.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    The same can be said of the Ork Fliers, the Dakkajet is utterly amazing when there is nothing to shoot at it, as it comes in.
    And how many points is the dakkajet?

What does it compete with in the fast attack slot?
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

have you tried vaul's wrath vibro cannons yet? I know the heavies are crowded but an aegis/quad with a vauls behind it and warlock for conceal gets you 3 psuedo las cannons and a quad gun with 13 wounds at T7 (for shooting) and a 2+ cover save at 225 points. Add in a farseer and you'll almost never miss with prescience/guide. Might even pull perfect timing from divination and have 3 S9 AP2 ignores cover shots coming out of that unit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12