BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Warhammer 40k: Inquisition. Skirmish game rumours

Word is there is no Special Blood Bowl release this year and instead we are getting a 40k skirmish game. I am a massive blood bowl fan, but I have everything and I don't really need anything else. But a new 40k skirmish game.....I'd be all over that like white on rice!

What do you guys think?

From [URL="http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2013/07/15/rumor-it-blood-bowl-come-inquisition/"]Blood of Kittens[/URL] 7-16-2013

GW is about to enter the skirmish scene with the release of:
    Warhammer 40k: Inquisition

Inquisition is designed for 2-4 players and each side will use custom cards and dice. Army sizes consist of about 5-10 models per side. A whole new set of models drawn from Blanche artwork will accompany. The game should be flexible as you can make and design your own Inquisitorial retinue. As for rules complexity that is anyone's guess, but the general marketing goal for Inquisition is a gateway game into the greater Warhammer 40k universe.

Beyond that GW, seems to be taking cues from Kickstarter projects like Sedition Wars and home-brewed rules like Inq28 for Inquisitor. This also might not end up as a limited edition run, but that all depends on sales, and if any support is continued will be done through digital expansions and updates.
    Last edited by Bigred; 07-16-2013 at 07:22 AM. Reason: reading clarity

I'll be in my bunk, 'purging the heretic'.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'll be in my bunk, 'purging the heretic'.
    always such a way with words.

looking forward to this one, hope its not limited as cash is tight at the moment.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

I'll start saving my money....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Didn't we have two perfectly good ones they withdrew support from? And a 54mm one as well?

On the other hand will be potentially awesome. But they're going to need more bits to give people customising options

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

A box set with 5-10 plastic models per side would be considerably superior to the former incarnation and if they can keep the price point decent would make a good gateway to 40k if they don't make it limited and try and stick in in toy stores around the world.
    Last edited by eldargal; 07-16-2013 at 03:17 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

I sooo hope this is true.

It would make sense.

GW are now able to produce more card stock items cheaply and need to produce a lot of them to keep costs down so a game that uses a card mechanic would make sense.

However this is usually Fantasy Flight territory but they aren't allowed to produce actual 28mm minis so would make sense that it would be a GW project.

They also have the rules pretty much already written so could recycle the old 54mm rules into 28mm which would reduce development time considerably, plus there are a lot of 28mm groups including design studio staff that they can reference.

The failure if Inquisitor 54mm was that there were no crossover sales and you couldn't use the minis in anything else so a 28mm version makes perfect sense as you could use the minis in 40k too.

I'm sad to say I'm a bit sceptical as it sounds a bit like wish listing based on the swathe of 28mm Blanchitsu articles in WD, but then again that could just be paving the way.

I hope it's true as it would be great.

First-Captain

If it is true then all my old Necromunda stuff is coming back out the cubboard. I'm trying to be cool about this but I want this to be true so chuffing bad!!!

Very interesting. I might allow myself to get excited if there's something more concrete. This sounds more likely than the perennial rumour of the Blood Bowl redo.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chaplain

Hmmm this could be handy on tipping one or two of my non wargaming friends into the hobby as they are currently very happy to play Space Hulk and Dreadfleet.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast