BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 210 pts of Eldar Shootiness

I've been playing three War Walkers with two Scatter Lasers, which I love for the range and extra firepower. I'm just wondering if the 210 points I'm spending on them could be better spent. I also run two Wraithlords so there's only one available HS slot to play with.

I use them for anti-horde, and I need to maintain that sheer amount of wounding (see 1850 Wraith Army for my list).

Veteran-Sergeant

I am not a huge fan of war walkers due to lakc of durability, but for antihorde they are tough to beat firewise... i prefer the durability and speed of a nightspinner but both are good antihorde...

24 shots from scatter lasers 16 hits, 13.3 wounds

with a nightspinner you get a large blast barrage template, str 7, str 8 against low initiative so it cna instantkill things like ork nobz on foot. and as it is barrage it can snipe characters or special weapons under the hole. likely not as many casualties, possibly a bit more useful in some cases, but is cheaper at only 130 points with holofields

I have considered the Nightspinner and Fire Prism. NS gives me another 80 pts to spend on other killyness, so it's something I am considering.

I find the durability of my War Walkers to be dependent on range - if they're skirting 36", they tend to stay pretty well alive. Long-range shooting tends to be high strength and gets sent after my Wraithlords or Wraithguard. Then again, when they get targeted, they disappear. So many toss-ups!

Chapter-Master

Remember that War Walkers can jump in and out of cover with Battle Focus. Stick Guide on them, and they're stupidly good.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.