BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    Uhm...

I'll give this a shot.

Statline: nonexistant. They hit on a 2+ in cc, hit on a 2+ shooting, are always hit in cc on no better than a 5+, can't be wounded more than once a turn, any weapons threatening to wound him does so only on a roll of a 6, he can choose to pass or fail ld and so can any units within 120", he has 10 attacks in cc, and always wounds on a 2+, unless a monstrous creature, in which case he wounds on a 3.

All special rules go from that. he also has a 2+ invul save and fnp that cannot be negated in any way. Including against S weapons.

Base cost: 800 points.

Seriously guys, Chapter Masters can best Carnifexes in single combat, and CM are NOTHING compared to the Primarchs.
    Agreed, only problem is that makes it hard to distinguish 2 Primarchs talents e.g. Angron as a better fighter than Guilliman.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Master Bryss View Post
    Ah, yes, forgot about them. Changed now though. Here's Angron (pre-heresy)

Angron:
    Wargear: A pair of master-crafted Relic Blades (he's a Primarch so can wield two.) These promote him to S8.

Rules:
    Furious Charge
    Fury: Angron has +1 Attack to his base profile. In addition, any model in his army with a bolter may swap it for a chainsword for free and/or the Furious Charge rule at+2 points per model. This may also be taken on Assault Squads, Command Squads and Vanguard Veterans. A World Eaters Dreadnought or Venerable Dreadnought may exchange its multi-melta for an extra Dreadnought CC weapon for free. This may be upgraded with a heavy flamer for the points cost in the Codex.
    Intimidating- When resolving an assault, Angron always counts as having inflicted 3 more Wounds than he actually has.

As with all my Primarchs, Angron probably needs some work (that or I'm not a very confident rules-smith).
    Also, I apologise to Pi666 if I am 'stealing' his thread.
    Yes you are a threadstealer!!! BUt it's fine.

I don't think making change in the core rules for a unit is suitable, i prefer rules that enhance the army on the board, as an example, every World eater in 24' from Angron has furious charge.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Pi666 View Post
    Yes you are a threadstealer!!! BUt it's fine.

I don't think making change in the core rules for a unit is suitable, i prefer rules that enhance the army on the board, as an example, every World eater in 24' from Angron has furious charge.
    Good point, Angron isn't Fabius Bile after all! I've changed it now, but I'll keep the Bionics option for Ferrus' Legion as it's their nature. Now, for my next trick I'll try:
    Fulgrim:
    Wargear- Master-crafted Power Sword, bolt pistol
    Rules:
    Duellist: Fulgrim has WS9 and I7. He may also use a single 'coup de grace' attack instead of his normal attacks. It is resolved at S9 and causes Instant Death.
    Legion of Swordsmen: All Veteran Sergeants in an army containing Fulgrim have WS5. They may also take a power sword at the reduced cost of 10 points.

I have vague plans for all the Primarchs now, but I'm not too sure on Corax (Raven Guard, precision strike people) yet. Yes, I could give them all Inflitrate if Corax is in the army, but that's too similar to Alpharius. What can I do to differentiate WITHOUT giving the Alpha Legion Omegon for free?

Edit: Pi666, you should feel lucky that I'm stealing your thread and not your genes...
    Last edited by Master Bryss; 11-20-2009 at 08:35 AM.
    Cyberscape7 and I build conversions IN A SHED. WITH CLIPPERS N' GLUE!
    My Beloved Blog: http://www.bryssling.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Btw, I think all Primarchs shouold have the Living Relic ruling from Space Wolves Codex.

Chaplain

I don't have the SW Codex nor are familar with this rule. What is it? I'll guess it's something to do with becoming an objective if the Primarch dies?
    Last edited by Master Bryss; 11-20-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Improved my grammar

Veteran-Sergeant

If the primarch falls, it becomes an objective, if the marines are not in control of that objective and the end of the game, they forfeit 1d3 objective points.

Chaplain

That's defenitely fitting for Primarchs, I've added it to my first post.

Also, because I don't have the SW Codex, I feel I cannot do Russ. Someone with the SW Dex wld have a better appreciation of him. Because there wasn't a new primarch in my last post, here's
    Vulkan:
    Wargear: Everything Vulkan He'Stan has, although in this case the Spear of Vulkan makes him S7.
    Rules:
    Forges of Nocturne: Any non-vehicle unit in an army containing Vulkan that can take any of the following may take it for free: flamer, heavy flamer, meltagun, multi-melta, and any Veteran Sergeant, Honour Guard, Command Squad Member or Vanguard Veteran may purchase a Thunder Hammer for 15 points. All flamers, heavy flamers, meltaguns, multi-meltas and thunder hammers in the army are twin-linked (master-crafted in the case of the thunder hammer)

Librarian

We're giving it a go? Meh. Magnus.

Magnus the Red: 999 Points, Post Heresy
    WS 9
    BS 9
    S 8
    T 8
    W 7
    I 9
    A 9
    Ld 10
    Sv 2+

Unit Type: Gargantuan Creature. Magnus does, however, have a Bodyguard (see below)

Wargear:
    - The Tome of the Thousand Sons
    - Eight Force Weapons (Attacks included in profile)
    - Eye of Wrath (may be fired as Twin Linked Multi-Melta once per turn, in addition to other shooting attacks)

Special Rules:
    Fearless, Acute Senses, Jump Infantry, Furious Charge, Psyker (counts as 4 models), Mark of Tzeentch (giving him a 3+ Invulnerable Save), Daemonic (May choose whether to Deep Strike)
    Tome of the Thousand Sons: This powerful book contains every psychic power ever witnessed by Magnus or his chosen warriors. It gives him access to all the Psychic Abilities in the Codexes: Space Wolves, Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines (Nurgle and Slaanesh powers are tested against leadership 6), Eldar, and the Imperial Guard.
    The Great Sorcerer: When Magnus begins casting, he will not stop until Tzeentch makes a sign that his actions are enough. Keep making Psychic Tests until either all of Magnus' powers have been used once or until a Perils of the Warp test is forced. Psychic Hoods and other such effects are ignored on a d6 roll of a 4+ while Magnus is within 12 inches of their holders.
    Emnity of the Wolves: All members of an army led by Magnus gain Preferred Enemy (Space Wolves), and will ignore The Sorcerer Commands if it would usually mean that they cannot charge. In addition, the effects of Sagas will be ignored against an army led by Magnus.
    The Old Cyclops: While great in spirit, Magnus is much diminished in body. For each wound he takes, a single point of Initiative and Attacks is lost (down to the value of 3 in each).
    Bodyguard: Magnus is accompanied by a great host of his Sons - a thousand of them. If used in Apocalypse, Magnus must have a Thousand Sons Warcoven. However, the Chosen unit purchased through this will have a unit strength of 8 to 998, and must be purchased in multiples of 9 for the standard cost. Each model only costs 50pts, and gets a single Psychic Power for FREE.

Additional Psychic Powers
    In addition to those in the Tome of the Thousand Sons, Magnus has a number of additional powers. These are literally game breaking...
    Gift of Tzeentch: Magnus looks down poorly at the mewling psykers below him. Make a psychic test in the Movement phase. If passed, all enemy Psykers within 3d6x6 inches will take d3 Perils of the Warp tests. Psykers which usually do not have an Invulnerable Save count as having a 6+. These tests cause Instant Death to models under Toughness 5.
    Daemonic Vitality: Even wounds will not stop the chosen of Tzeentch. Make a psychic test at the beginning of the Assault Phase. If passed, Magnus loses d3 Sorcerers in his bodyguard per wound he has lost, but immediately regains all of his lost wounds. This may only be used if Magnus is not in base to base contact with an enemy model.
    Crawling Madness: Don't piss Magnus off. This is a psychic shooting attack. If passed, place an Apocalyptic 10" blast template on top of any point on the board (this scatters 2d6-9 inches as usual afterward, and MAY touch friendly models). All models under this template must take a Toughness Test, which if failed will turn them into a Pink Horror (see codex: Chaos Daemons). These Horrors may NOT shoot in that turn, but may choose to Run or Assault.
    Wrath of a God: Make a psychic test at the beginning of the Assault Phase. If passed, Magnus gains d6+d3 Attacks in this turn which are struck at Initiative 9 (regardless of his current I stat). These are used at Strength 4, but count as Force Weapon hits.
    Metallic Curse: Use against a Super Heavy Vehicle. This is a Psychic Shooting Attack. If passed, a single Super Heavy in line of sight takes d3 Destroyer hits per Structure Point lost - plus 1 basic Destroyer Hit. If the Vehicle is destroyed, it immediately makes an Apocalyptic Explosion - however, Magnus will NOT be affected by this - and spawns 18 Pink Horrors where the tank once was. These horrors may choose to Shoot, but may not Assault or Move any further that turn.

Librarian

Things turning into Pink Horrors is a great idea!

I think thats a pretty good rendition of Magnus, a bit OTT, but he's a Primarch.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Chaplain

Magnus the Red (pre-heresy)Same stats as all my Primarchs
    Wargear: Master-crafted Force Weapon, bolt pistol w/Inferno Bolts (AP3)

Psychic Powers: By default Magnus has all the powers from the Space Marine codex, as well as his own unique powers. He may purchase all the psychic powers from another codex for +50 points, and he may do this as many times as he wishes.(he will have more powers the further into the Crusade he is) His unique powers are as shown:
    Vortex of Doom- Magnus' Vortex replaces the small blast template with the Vortex Grenade template, which remains on the board as per the rules for them.
    Red Fury- Range 36", S10, AP3, Assault D3+1, Large Blast.
    Break- If passed, all enemy units within 48" of Magnus lose -1Ld.

Rules:
    Master Psyker: Magnus may cast 4 powers a turn. He may cast the same power multiple times. When he makes a Psychic test, he rolls 4D6 and may select any 2 of the dice as his score. If these two are a double (2 4s, etc) he may cast the same power again without using up one of the 4 he may use a turn.
    Legion of Sorcerors: All Sergeants MUST upgrade to Codiciers for +20 points. These have the same statline but may take a single power from Codex: Space Marines. They may take a Force Weapon for +10 points.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast