BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    Since the Flying Hive Tyrant is fearless that is a moot point, but a Flying Daemon Prince, or even a Bloodthirster is not fearless, but automatically passes Fear, Pinning or Morale tests. similar, but not the same, which is one of the arguments they are using to say a FMC can try to go to ground.

I would assume the FMC is above the terrain, not in it, so it can not get the area terrain based cover save. It could get a cover save from intervening terrain such as a tall ruin that would obscure it to the shooter Line of Sight.

I thought the only way a FMC that is zooming over area terrain but not in it and take then attempt to go to ground, is to fail a grounding test, or to dive into the terrain.

I still think the FMC can not go to ground, while it is zooming, in gliding mode yes, but then it is being shot by weapons that have blast templates, and other weapons that hit at normal BS. Many of them have the ignores cover rule.

I just had a thought. How would the following weapons affect a zooming FMC that attempts to dive to avoid taking the hit in the first place - Blast Master in Assault 2 mode, and sonic blasters, and any other ignores cover direct fire (non blast, non template) weapons? Would the FMC be able to get to take the jink roll - cover save?
    I just noticed that unless the FAQ says otherwise MC's can gtg as long as they are not fearless, so Tau and Daemons are the only MC's that can GTG. If they are in glide mode than yes they can do so. Interesting.

I have to look at swoop mode and the FAQ later, but just going by the BRB they can.

However it hurts most of the MC's to GTG anyway. Heck if you decide to GTG with a Bloodthirster you doing me a favor.

However the only models I see this benefiting is Fateweaver and The Great Unclean One. Although I rather Fateweaver in the air, but needing 2's to hurt Weaver in area terrain is not bad, and you still can cast buffs in this state. However with the Great Unclean on he will have a +2 cover save giving out buffs.

Actually Tzeentch and Nurgle princes will benefit from this as well. Heck all I have to do is fly in area terrain and buff all day. With Tzeentch you need a 2 to hurt him and with Nurgle you need a 1. Throw in Fateweaver it than gets rather broken with a +2 re rollable on one roll. This changes some things and gives out options.

The big question is can you gtg while swooping. I would say no since the Faq would put you flying on top the board, while glide doesn't do that. Once grounded I can see you doing so. Going to ground off being grounded seems possible.

To the OP the only army it really aplies to is Daemons. Again Daemons break another rule.

Just saying in general that gtg benefit the Unclean one and that the Riptide can gtg. I know they are not flying MCs that can swoop.
    Last edited by chicop76; 07-17-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Thats not how the rule works, a swooping monstrous creature is not a zooming flier, it gets cover the same way ever single other monstrous creature does (plus jink)
    Only if it is "in" Area Terrain, D666 is suggesting that a FMC is in reality above the terrain which would mean it isn't "in" it.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    .... MC's can gtg as long as they are not fearless, so Tau and Daemons are the only MC's that can GTG.
    Gk Dreadknight isn't Fearless either.

Librarian

Does it have ATSKNF? If so, it automatically rallies next turn, and becomes fearless if caught by a sweeping advance. The terrify power will still effect it though, and possibly make it move back 3D6" away from where your enemy wants it to be (hopefully). More importantly it will also be able to go to ground and then auto rally next turn. Move 3" consolidation, then have a normal turn without the penalties that non space marine (ATSKNF) forces get. Nasty.
    Last edited by Daemonette666; 07-17-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

Does it have ATSKNF? If so, it automatically rallies next turn, and becomes fearless if caught by a sweeping advance. The terrify power will still effect it though, and possibly make it move back 3D6" away from where your enemy wants it to be (hopefully).
    ATSKNF doesn't give you Fearless in a sweeping advance, it just means you don't go anywhere.

But forget all that, point is, it can go to ground along with a scant few other MC's.

First-Captain

Does it have ATSKNF? If so, it automatically rallies next turn, and becomes fearless if caught by a sweeping advance. The terrify power will still effect it though, and possibly make it move back 3D6" away from where your enemy wants it to be (hopefully). More importantly it will also be able to go to ground and then auto rally next turn. Move 3" consolidation, then have a normal turn without the penalties that non space marine (ATSKNF) forces get. Nasty.
    It actually does. Honestly though why would you gtg with that unit anyway. It hurts you more that it helps you.

I have to look again for 6th, but in 5th you couldn't gtg and than remove the fact that you are pinned. I will look again, but I doubt it will remove pinning checks. It does effect morale though.

Hmmm so I can pin a dreadknight. Never noticed that. Yeah

Looking throught the rules it can autorally on regroup test. Gtg and pinning are not re grouping test, so it will be able to do nothing the following turn if it decideds to go to ground. Glad they re worded it to make it clearer. They even faqed the marines in 5th saying they can't do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12