BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Severen View Post
    In my haste to copy/paste the email I neglected to add my follow up email about Farseer Allies. Forgeworld confirmed you are allowed to have Farseer Allies in an army led by Bel-Annath. Bel & Eldrad bro-fisting goodness... Spicy just got spicier!
    That's a peculiar ruling, and might be something people object to. There is no Mymeara Craftworld list--it's not like Bel-Annath is part of a different army or variant list like the Corsairs are, he's just an Eldar unit. It'd be like a Space Marine player taking Calgar as an "ally" to his Space Marine army list. That said, there's already no reason you couldn't field Bel-Annath and Eldrad, they're single HQ choices in the same army.

Veteran-Sergeant

Bel-Annath's rules specifically say that no other Farseer can be taken. The customer rep was possibly unaware of this rule, but yes, all non-Corsair units from FW are considered Codex:Eldar. A good question is whether Iyanden counts as a different codex for allying purposes. My guess is no.
    Donate to the Free Isha Fund today! Bathe regularly and help disinfect the warp with clean dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramel View Post
    A good question is whether Iyanden counts as a different codex for allying purposes. My guess is no.
    An interesting question, given what has been said regarding Farsight Enclaves being BB to Codex: Tau Empire.

Scout
    Kidderminster, UK, not too far from GW Mecca

Quote Originally Posted by Aramel View Post
    Bel-Annath's rules specifically say that no other Farseer can be taken. The customer rep was possibly unaware of this rule, but yes, all non-Corsair units from FW are considered Codex:Eldar. A good question is whether Iyanden counts as a different codex for allying purposes. My guess is no.
    Bear in mind that IA:11 was released before 6th when the ally matrix didn't exist... But it is all a bit of a mess at the moment, especially with the Iyanden Supplement and given there are older IA books that could do with updating I'm just going with what's been emailed to me from FW themselves until such time as IA:11 is updated or at least given an FAQ.

I may just throw FW an email concerning Iyanden (I'm eagerly awaiting Ulthwe though) but I would certainly have no objections with someone using Iyanden as Allies for Corsairs (or vice versa).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12