BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Circle and Khador, here. Although at various times since MKI, I've had... well, everything except Trollbloods. And now this Convergence crap.

Ugh....oh man. The problem is that all of the armies are distinct and neat, but fluf-wise and tabletop-wise. Grr....I'd love to play 'em all, but for now I have a small Retribution army started. Working on a menoth army and I have some Cryx which I'm hoping to sell off to make room for Skorne.

I've played most factions at one point or another (minus Gators and Cryx), and I think it's really fun to have a diversity of models. Currently I only own Retribution and Circle. I played Cygnar and Trolls for a long time before that. This is a system where having two factions feels natural so you can play around with Focus or Fury.

I currently run Trolls as my main, but i do have a Khador, Skorne and Legion army ready in reserve

I started the game (almost) right from the beginning with Khador. In the not too distant past I had everything that they released (except Winterguard-yuck) painted and sometimes in multiples. I picked up Legion right when it came out and again, have almost everything (painted as well). I wasn't having fun with Khador (and the Focus mechanic in general) so, I eventually got rid of all my Khador. Still stuck with Legion and it has become my "signature" army. Over the past 2 years I have started a Skorne army. It has come alone quite well, but I struggle with the Skorne learning curve. It is quite a bit different. But, this is a good thing!

Khador through and through!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post
    I have an itch to buy a 2nd army for warmahordes... and I haven't even played my first game. Can't find any players in my area. But that's a totally different discussion I guess. I like the models for Warmahordes, which is why I bought some Khador intially. I might get some Cygnar. But then again, Cryx looks awesome as well... as do Mercs.

That all being said, it might be easier to convince my friend or my girlfriend even (who said she's interested in playing, but not interested in spending money on it) to have a go with some warjacks. So having more than 1 faction might actually get me some play, heh.
    So... this post of mine I quoted above is about a year ago. And how things have changed in the past year, lol.

At the moment I have; Khador, Cygnar, Menoth, Skorne, Cryx and a few Merc mini's (mostly solos and 2 casters; so no playable force).

And I suspect that the future will hold even more armies even if it's just for painting purposes, since I still haven't played my first game. There are 2 forces I'm not to thrilled about aesthetically, those being Retribution and Rhulic. Trollbloods don't excite me that much either, but I can see myself buying a battlegroup at some point, just like Everblight. I'm a bit in the middle about Convergence, looking through their units ruleswise... I don't know. I do like the clockwork angels figures though... and thus I can see myself eventually buying those and trying to build a force with those.

Oh well, there are arguably way worse things to spend money on.
    40k- Chaos Space marines - Chaos Daemons - WM/H - Khador - Cygnar - Dystopian wars - EotBS

As a bit of thread necro (and a convenient introduction) - I can field at least 35 pts for every faction, pact and contract. Some of them are a bit of a stretch, but it means that I can loan out at least the journeyman battlebox for anyone who wants to learn how to play.

I don't generally play them all, of course. For the past year and some, Convergence has been my main army, though the upcoming releases for Minions have me dusting off my pigs and gators again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123