BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Do you have more than one faction/army?

Like a lot of other Warmahoraders, I came from playing GW games where I have much larger armies. Perhaps it's out of habit, but the smaller size of game and lower cost per army has me thinking about adding more Warmarchine armies.

Do you guys and gals have that itch to keep buying additional armies?

I played Cygnar in MKI, and a bit in MKII, but I've never been thrilled with them. Aesthetically, I love the Trollbloods but I really want some giant robots to stop stuff.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

The buy in is lower but the total army cost is not, don't fall into the trap That said, I run Retribution and Mercs, 'cause I like me some NGOs.

I have an itch to buy a 2nd army for warmahordes... and I haven't even played my first game. Can't find any players in my area. But that's a totally different discussion I guess. I like the models for Warmahordes, which is why I bought some Khador intially. I might get some Cygnar. But then again, Cryx looks awesome as well... as do Mercs.

That all being said, it might be easier to convince my friend or my girlfriend even (who said she's interested in playing, but not interested in spending money on it) to have a go with some warjacks. So having more than 1 faction might actually get me some play, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    No, not really, but owning multiple armies is very common for WM/H players. I myself own Circle, Mercs, and Trollbloods. When you can make a pretty decent 35 point army for $150 or so, expanding to multiple armies is less of an enormous chore, and given that some events are WM or H only, I'd say most players tend to end up with at least one army on each side of the divide.

Yeah I got into it about a year or so ago and now have cygnar, khador, and a convergence group. Really digging convergence with it's odd assortment of synergies

Chapter-Master

I started with Cygnar and, shortly thereafter, Everblight. I eventually got bored with Cygnar and traded it in for Khador. I also got a great deal on some Circle and grabbed that, too. And the modularity of the game also has me gradually picking up Mercs. Also the Rhulic 'jacks are so derpy and adorable!

I have too many WarmaHordes armies, don't I?
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

I have a fully painted Cryx army and a completely unpainted Pirate Merc army... oi, my poor painting queue...
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Quote Originally Posted by Cactus View Post
    Like a lot of other Warmahoraders, I came from playing GW games where I have much larger armies. Perhaps it's out of habit, but the smaller size of game and lower cost per army has me thinking about adding more Warmarchine armies.

I played Cygnar in MKI, and a bit in MKII, but I've never been thrilled with them. Aesthetically, I love the Trollbloods but I really want some giant robots to stop stuff.
    I would say it's pretty common to have a faction from each system. Usually the one that piques your interest. I

Having said that, I plan on getting into the game soon. Starting with Legion for Hordes and Khador for Warmachine, and then jumping to Circle most likely. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Dyrnwyn View Post
    No, not really, but owning multiple armies is very common for WM/H players. I myself own Circle, Mercs, and Trollbloods. When you can make a pretty decent 35 point army for $150 or so, expanding to multiple armies is less of an enormous chore, and given that some events are WM or H only, I'd say most players tend to end up with at least one army on each side of the divide.
    This! Of all the online planning/shopping I have done. I've noticed that I can make any desired army for around $150 minus dice, tokens, templates, etc. If it's just models this can easily be done.

Cheers!
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Brother-Captain

Never let dragon blight in your house. It's impossible to get out.

I've got Cygnar and Trolls. I guess Boomhowler knows whats what.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast