BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Grey Knights can't be a gunline (most Space Marine armies either can't, or aren't very good at it). Eldar... kinda can, but shouldn't. Orks can't. Tyranids can't.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    I don't know why you would be moving them 6" rather than 12" though. The mobility is great.
    Because by moving them 6'', you can fire off your turret scatter laser, twin-linked shield, and twin-linked shuricannon for an average total of 7 TLed S6 shots, and 4-5 TLed S7 shots. It requires you to be within 24'', but it's kind of obscene.

Quote Originally Posted by jgebi View Post
    Can someone name one army that can't be a static gun line?
    If you mean armies with good ranged firepower that can force the opponent to come to then, you have IG and Tau for good ones, everything else is middling to poor. Dark Eldar are one that can't really do static gun line. They've got strong firepower but it's short to mid ranged, and they depend on their speed rather than range to engage targets on their terms.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Grey Knights can't be a gunline (most Space Marine armies either can't, or aren't very good at it). Eldar... kinda can, but shouldn't. Orks can't. Tyranids can't.
    Orcs can. I faced Orc gun lines before. Lots of strength 7/8 shooting. Boys are limited in range.

Tyranids can as well, but not that good at it. Although they can dish out a lot of strength 10 shooting and strength 8/6 as well.

The last nid codex could gunline really well.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Orcs can. I faced Orc gun lines before. Lots of strength 7/8 shooting. Boys are limited in range.

Tyranids can as well, but not that good at it. Although they can dish out a lot of strength 10 shooting and strength 8/6 as well.

The last nid codex could gunline really well.
    Only str 10 shooting is the Tyrannofex... and thats bad at best.

450 for 9 Hive Guards
    520 for 2 Flyrants
    795 for 3 Tyrannofex

That's:
    18 Str 8 @ 24"
    24 Str 6 @ 18"
    6 Str 10 @ 48"
    All AP4 or worse. That's not a very good gunline

I have a sneaky feeling that thropes are st10.
    And maybe ap1?
    Juss sayin loik.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    I have a sneaky feeling that thropes are st10.
    And maybe ap1?
    Juss sayin loik.
    At 24" it's not static gun-line material
    For the Greater good.

First-Captain

You forgot about warriors that can shoot thee strength 5 shots.

Funny that when I played 2 strength 10 tyranofexes they poped tanks leftand right. Also they are great for giviving my other models cover saves.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    You forgot about warriors that can shoot thee strength 5 shots.

Funny that when I played 2 strength 10 tyranofexes they poped tanks leftand right. Also they are great for giviving my other models cover saves.
    They are definitely better in 6th than 5th. Tanks got easier to pop, and s10 was removed from the army which previously was the king of the S10 ap1 world.
    For the Greater good.

wot wud u call 45 lootas in three battlewaggons with four big shootaz each and mb a defence line as well... with a bit of bubble wrap and a kff... pretty gunline to me ... ive been banned from using it for club games...

the GeenieWusses... cant really have play tested serpents properly imo... okay you use the shield gun you lose the defence... but 60" range ... seems excessive ... mb 36" ...
    or a 'once' only option per game ?

i ran 6 the other day just for a laugh [not since 5th have i used wavz-mechdar] ... newwavedar was pretty unstoppable and although a few waves went down they forced target priority away from squishier stuff...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast