BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Age is no Problem for me. as long as the rules are known and no one starts crying.

The worst are players turning the Fluff into brezels to justify their PG Lists as a Fluff List aka the 2/9 Chaos SM List is a fluff List cause its undiveded and/or Black Legion.

A hate this and i have hard times not to take their Rulebook and Codex to beat them until they are crying for their poppy and momy.

Battle-Brother

Mainly older rules lawyers and ADD kids are the bane of my existance. It's why I only play with mates.
    I mean for exmple I went in to my local GW yesterday and it was swarming witha nnoying kids in a manner the Hive mind would be envious of. Bugging the staff, knocking over drinks etc.
    Aside from 1-who sat quietly at the paint station detailing his Deathwing (and annoyingly well for a 10 year old).
    He'll go far methinks.

Most annoying are those already mentioned "must win!" players.
    Eespecially in combination when they are cheating all the time.
    Even in friendly games that were meant to be fun games these players have to powergame...
    but at least it's funny when they still keep losing ^^

You really cannot say kids in generell are erible.
    there are also several sorts of... I just eplained they game yesterday to two boys who just didn't get the rules. they were completely different to each other.
    One was willing to understand what he was doing and why and the other was just throwing dices... not depending on who's turn it was...

Scout

Rules Lawyers blow chunks, they should buy themselves a personality. Especially the ones that are unforgiving... that exploit the technicality of the rules and make the game collection of do's and dont's instead of a fun experience for both...

I once couldn't shoot a unit right in front of my ruin, because it was behind a rhino, with a Dev squad on the fourth floor of the building.. because the rhino was Size level three... the dev squad could see every single model, clearly... by the way, this clown was a Regional Manager at GW at the time, and this was a friendly game in my basement. Last game i ever played against him. He got canned a year later.

The other thing i dont like, is the cheap player. The guy who buys a cheap skaven box on EBay and uses them as Plaguebearers... when the rest of his army is actual plaguebearers. Its fine if the whol army is themed under "rats as nurgle" .. i.e. Rat Ogres for Beasts of nurgle etc. Not the case there, and that just ruins the experience for me.

MOST kids are fun, if you give'em some slack and try to make it fun... you know, lead by example. I used to love playing kids when i had my store... they would get so excited they would literally jump at the dice rolls. Good times. Even the bratty ones, if you tell them they are acting up and spoiling for everyone, and show them why its important to be a good sportsman, they will calm down and become pleasant. Kids mostly ave good intentions, they just forget sometimes.
    Last edited by TheRico; 08-02-2009 at 07:44 AM.

There is a lot of people (here in Spain) that interprets rules as they like, making word's games and tying differents editions... then when you complain, they get angry and give you troubles...

In my opinion, these short of players are worst.

Chaplain

I hate it when people generalise Rules Lawyers like that. I could legitimately be called a Rules Lawyer, because I know the rules better than 90%+ of players, and never cheat, or allow others to cheat, even accidentally. If you're cheating by accident, I'll tell you how the rule is supposed to be used, and, in a friendly game, let you do it the way you were.

Rules Lawyer =/= Jerk.
    Opinions are like aresholes. Get yours outta my face.. MindWar FTW. Bald and Screaming. Couple others...;) Learn something.

We're talking about the ones that starch their face. The ones that will question everything you do. Even something as simple as moving a unit. The ones that will check that in your codex, the store's codex, and the rulebook.

Battle-Brother

i.e. 'Hey! You moved that Rhino 12.01 inches!''

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Nedark View Post
    We're talking about the ones that starch their face. The ones that will question everything you do. Even something as simple as moving a unit. The ones that will check that in your codex, the store's codex, and the rulebook.
    Being a prick is one thing, making sure the rules are being followed is quite another.

Veteran-Sergeant

I would also have to go with the powergamer/ rules lawyer as the worst kind of player. Among my friends, we've started the somewhat mocking cry of "I'm just trying to play the game the way it's supposed to be played," after one local fellow's constant defense to his play style.

My first Rogue Trader was almost my last. The first guy I played had no interest in talking, except to tell me about the numerous things he thought I'd done wrong in making my army list. Other than that he just called out dice results and stared at the table. The second person(as I realized later) had some very creative interpretations on the rules.

Thank God the last guy I played had just shown up to have fun and play 40K.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast