BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torrent Weapons

Default Torrent Weapons

Was watching my friends play and one of them flew his Helldrake and had the base on the top floor of some ruins, he then proceeded to burn the guys on the bottom level of the ruin most of which where directly underneath the base of the helldrake and the flamer template started underneath the helldrake base. As far as i can tell he didn't do anything wrong but it just seems really cheesy. Anyone with a Faq or rule quote to say he did something wrong?

The weapon is 360 Degrees tho so it can fire in any direction however I'd think that maybe the 45 degrees up and down rule might apply? or is the Baleflamer in a ball mount so it can rotate through a hemisphere under the 'drake ?
    Last edited by Magpie; 07-27-2013 at 06:34 AM.

Line of sight?

Yeah, line of sight is the one thing that could have stopped that.

However, i do not know how to work with the torrent rule, especially when firing around corners for example..

Brother-Sergeant

The Heldrake cannot burn targets not in line of sight, since flamers still follow that rule (unlike blasts), though it IS hard to be entirely out of line of sight from it, being big and up in the air. About flamers and levels: you can move flamers up and down 2 levels from the current level (even non-torrent ones). It seems to me a bit weird, though he could have probably avoided the ambiguity by maneuvering a little better. But it doesn't seem necessarily illegal to me, unless you were completely out of line of sight.

Flyers, Jump units, FMCs, and Skimmers can shoot at any level on the building, its in the template section in the ruins rules.

You can shoot up or down 1 level with flamer?

I can't find any mention of flyers in the template v ruins section?

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    Line of sight?
    the start of the flamer may have been out of sight because it was underneath the base, but the unit as a whole was able to be seen by the drake.

I'm pretty sure you can't point the template back at yourself? So if he was pointing the template under the heldrake then that wasn't valid, if that's the case.

Oh yeah, the torrent rule had that one aswell: Narrow end must be closer to you than the wide end, right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast