BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default IG with Inquistiorial Allies?

Is this still possible? BoLS had an article the other day about using assassins that got me thinking, since they mentioned using a callidus with a psyker battle squad. just wondering how this was still possible.

thanks in advance,
    wiley

Brother-Captain

Yes, it's still possible by the rules. A handful of tournaments do ban allies however, so you might want to ask if you plan to bring the army to a tourney.

which rules? does codex:WH have the rules for allies?

Yes, look in the WH codex.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

sweet thanks!

looking to build an IG army based around this tactic, so i'm gonna read up tonight

Grand Provost Marshal

Quote Originally Posted by Lerra View Post
    Yes, it's still possible by the rules. A handful of tournaments do ban allies however, so you might want to ask if you plan to bring the army to a tourney.
    Oddly, BoLSCon banned it. Hmmm...

Abbess Sanctorum

If they banned it, then BoLScon can kiss my ***.

Quote Originally Posted by wileythenord View Post
    Is this still possible? BoLS had an article the other day about using assassins that got me thinking, since they mentioned using a callidus with a psyker battle squad. just wondering how this was still possible.

thanks in advance,
    wiley
    See the latest Imperial Guard and Witch Hunter / Daemonhunter FAQs.

A summary of what's in the FAQ is as follows:

As WH/DH, You may take:

Up to four Imperial Guard Infantry Platoons (you must have two troops choices from your native codex, meaning =][= stormies, grey knights, or battle sisters). These platoons are exactly like in C:IG, including special characters-- you can induct special characters into your C:WH/CH armies.

If you take at least two Imperial Guard Infantry Platoons, you man include up to three Scout or Armored Sentinel Squadrons.

If you take at least two Imperial Guard Infantry Platoons, you may include up to three Rough Rider Squadrons.

If you take at least two Imperial Guard Infantry Platoons, you may take one Leman Russ Battle Tank. As in, a single tank, not the squadron, and no variation tanks unless you use ForgeWorld (which is another topic altogether).

You must have at least one HQ and two troops from C:WH/CH, your parent list.

As Imperial Guard, you may take (no special characters):

0-1 HQ unit
    0-1 Elites
    0-2 Troops
    0-1 Fast Attack

You must have at least one HQ and two troops from C:IG.
    Last edited by Melissia; 11-17-2009 at 01:01 PM.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

that means the DH/WH have to be the parent army? i can't play IG and ally WH?

I want an IG army to have

1 company command squad
    2 psker battle squads
    2 infantry platoons

and ally

1 inquistor lord
    1 callidus assassin

and by the FAQs I guess i can't do this?

Abbess Sanctorum

Yes, you can.

1 Company Command Squad: Your mandatory 1-2 HQ choice.
    1 Inquisitor Lord: Your allied in 0-1 HQ choice.
    2 Psyker Battle Squads: two of your 0-3 Elites choices.
    1 Callidius Assassin: Your 0-1 Assassin choice (requires an Inquisitor/Lord, and you have them)
    2 Infantry Platoons: Your mandatory 2-6

It's perfectly legal.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    Oddly, BoLSCon banned it. Hmmm...
    Yep, we banned it for the first BOLSCON because of the new Imperial Guard codex was releasing at the same time (we just didn't have the time to review and FAQ the IG+WH/DH power combos before the event).

I can't speak for Jwolf (well, I can -- he just doesn't like it), but I'm certain that IG + Inquisition will be allowed at the next BOLSCON.

mkerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast