BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wileythenord View Post
    that means the DH/WH have to be the parent army? i can't play IG and ally WH?
    As Melissia says, that's perfectly legal (and tons of fun). I use IG+WH armies a lot so that I can use Lord Castellan Creed or a Psyker Battle Squad with allied Witch Hunter and Daemonhunters.
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

thanks Melissa, i guess i was mis-reading your post!

I'm thinking about BoLScon next year, its a long way from Chattanooga, TN but it sounds like good times!

Brother-Captain

thanks Melissa, i guess i was mis-reading your post!

I'm thinking about BoLScon next year, its a long way from Chattanooga, TN but it sounds like good times!
    My personal opinion is that allying, although fun, results in an army that is stronger then the WH, yet weaker then the guard.
    But hey if you want a fluffy fun army go for it.
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Abbess Sanctorum

THAT all depends on how well it is built and played. Sisters, certainly, can fill roles that no Guard unit can for a good price.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Chapter-Master

I know that taking a squad or two of allied Sisters of Battle in my Grey Knight army makes them significantly more competitive. Rush them forward and let them burninate and melta stuff, and the Grey Knights can mop up the mess. The Sisters don't usually survive this , but they do their job brilliantly.

Anyway, brief overview of the ally system:

If you are taking allies from Daemonhunters or Witchhunters, you are allowed 0-1 HQ, 0-1 Elite, 0-2 Troops and 0-1 Fast Attack. Pretty much any imperial army can do this. You can also take allies from both Daemonhunters and Witchhunters. So your Space Marine army could have a unit of allied Sisters of Battle, and a unit of allied Grey Knight Terminators.

Allying in to Daemon/Witch hunters from IG and SM codices is kinda weird, and has a specific list of units allowed.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Grand Provost Marshal

As an aside, yes it was a blast.

thanks for all the help guys, i bought the WH codex yesterday and after reading the way the allies section is worded, i don't really understand how my gaming group didn't get that...its as clear as can be about what you can ally!

My list is a go! now i just have to buy 10 chimeras...

Just make sure your Inquisitor Lord is an HQ, so the assassin can be your Elite choice. OR Elite Inquisitor from DH codex, and Elite assassin from WH codex.

Brother-Sergeant

Good god man hasn't that been FAQ'd???

Abbess Sanctorum

Hasn't WHAT been FAQed?

You need an Inquisitor Lord simply because you can only ally in one Elites choice, not because an elites inquisitor doesn't unlock assassins.

As for Allying, that HAS been FAQed.
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast