BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

The most common description for a Space Marine in nearly every book that has them interacting with mortals is that regular humans most often only come to their mid-chest area in height. The most accurate picture I've seen for this is the following:

I remember reading somewhere that it was only when they were fully armed and armored that they weighed 700 lbs. Without armor and weapons, they were closer to 400-500.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Sergeant

Now that seems about right, but what does the armor itself weigh?
    Innocence Proves Nothing

According to FFG, 180 kg (400 lbs). Which is in about the right ballpark, I think.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Lamenter View Post
    I've seen the diagram showing astartes height and weight in relation to average man, but the one I'm looking at puts an unarmored marine at 7'6 700 lbs. without armor. That can't be right. Does anyone know the actual height and weight of an unarmored marine? and also, as a side note, I've read in the Word Bearers series and also the first heretic that chaos marines begin to become one with thier armor, but in storm of iron, you have a veteran of the old war who can strip his armour at ease. Is this bonding to the armor unique to word bearers or all CSM? thanks for the info guys, just working on some more fan fiction because I love it and I can but I like to adhere to canon lest my droogs here in chattanooga catch me in some sort of heresy.
    the Armour bonding depends how corrupt you are in void stalker the night lords cant easily take their Armour off because they are not corrupted even thought their heretics and this is common in the word bearers because they started the whole Horus heresy and are seen as the most corrupt.

Occuli Imperator

Surely we should be considering what their mass is as their weight is dependent on the gravity that they are experiancing at any given time...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chaplain

it comes down to how long the spend in the armor and what mark, as the armor has to perforate the skin which would mean over time the skin grows onto the armor and eventually the useless skin is removed as it serves no use. This happens more often in choas legions as they spend more time in their armor where as the loyalists have their armor taken of them and cleaned regularly to stop that from happening.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by jgebi View Post
    it comes down to how long the spend in the armor and what mark, as the armor has to perforate the skin which would mean over time the skin grows onto the armor and eventually the useless skin is removed as it serves no use. This happens more often in choas legions as they spend more time in their armor where as the loyalists have their armor taken of them and cleaned regularly to stop that from happening.
    No. Regular power armor does not, in some sort of process, eventually replace the skin of the Astartes who wears it. The reason that Chaos Space Marines experience this sort of mutation is due to the nature of Chaos. Word Bearers are the first legion to have Possessed Chaos Space Marines, binding their flesh to that of a daemon -- this process is what has caused many of them to experience the binding of armor and flesh together until they are one in the same. Chaos Space Marines are rarely ever shown in writing in a situation where they are able to remove their armor (most are always in heavy combat), hence why you get to see Kroeger remove his armor in "Storm of Iron," he is part of a siege force and doesn't have to always be on the front line, so he gets to remove his armor and have it cleaned by the slave guardswoman he took (both a form of cruel punishment and a way to keep it clean).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Brother-Captain

Also, jgebi, you are forgetting the Black Carapace. It works in a fashion that might be considered similar to the Matrix movies, where the humans "jack in" into the matrix via the implant plugs in their skin. Space Marines have similar plugs that connect their armor to their black carapace, which is subdermal, and allows them to interface with the armor on the neural level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12