BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Hmm, is this it? A few pictures of FW stuff, most of which we have seen before and nothing from GD itself?

I think the title should be changed to "Forge World stuff from Games Day US 2013".
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

That's fairly standard these days especially since no one bothers to record the seminars for those of us who can't get there to see what GW are talking about. HOWEVER someone did say they emailed GW about something and were told to expect new things at GD UK in September so that may change.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    A bit of bracing, and you can swap out the glacis plate. Other than that, you really don't even need to glue the main body on, it sits on top just fine.
    Cool, I'll have to try that out. If you can make any of the suerheavy tanks from the same Hull, Then I agree that it's not really a bad deal. I just didn't want to pay more for bits that would end up not getting used.

There wasn't really much for flair to take pictures of. There were no large cannons or walking life size chaos space marines wandering around. I was also surprised that there was not one Apocalypse battle being played. I realize that given the time constraints of a one day show it would have been almost impossible to get a full battle in, but being a new release, I thought they would be supporting it more.

I think given the virtual stampede toward the FW stand at last years UK GD, i think GW are kind of gearing most events toward FW.
    Lets face facts, HH is seriously generating interest and sales well above most other systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Angel View Post
    Cool, I'll have to try that out. If you can make any of the suerheavy tanks from the same Hull, Then I agree that it's not really a bad deal. I just didn't want to pay more for bits that would end up not getting used.
    Yeah, the glacis plate is the only problem area, as it plugs into the track assemblies with some pegs. Take those out, and you need to add some bracing. But the main hull assembly can just sit on top. I actually leave mine unglued, as there is plenty of space inside. A bit of cutting, and you could potentially fill the main body with some foam and transport some models inside your giant tank

Finally getting around to organizing and cleaning up my Games Day pics (which I didn't get nearly enough of, because I forgot to charge my phone the night before and walked in with only 55% charge). As awesome as the Necron AoP piece was (and it was awesome; it was the first one to really catch my eye), it still wasn't my favorite. This one was:

Whereas the other one was a nice static display piece, this one was basically a huge diorama. My favorite bits: the wounded guardsman on top of the fallen sentinel, fighting off the zombies that pulled it down; the two guardsmen on the balcony trying to hold the doors shut as zombies strain to get past; the Wall of Martyrs in the corner, where there's a zombie getting shot point-blank with a lasgun (and viscera leaving the exit wound). It was fantastically painted, dynamic, and told a story.
    My Armies: Tau (complete), Chaos Space Marines (complete), Black Templars (2012/2013 project)
    My Blog: NockerGeek.net | Our Podcast: Preferred Enemies - http://www.preferredenemies.com

Don't get me wrong, though. The Necron AoP was awesome.

My Armies: Tau (complete), Chaos Space Marines (complete), Black Templars (2012/2013 project)
    My Blog: NockerGeek.net | Our Podcast: Preferred Enemies - http://www.preferredenemies.com

And this Imperial Fists piece was my #3:

Here's the thing that gets me about this one, and I didn't even notice it until looking at my photos that evening; the diamond deckplating effect is painted on. All those tiny precise brushstrokes just to make the flooring look right.

Also, I have to respect anyone who can paint that much yellow and make it look so good.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345