BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Default Fighting against Obliterators

So, I am about to play someone who runs 5-9 Oblits... I play Marines/ Blood Angels. What I was looking for is tips on beating armies with lots of Oblits cause I haven't had much experience against them.

Thanks

Duke

Veteran-Sergeant

The answer most people will give you is probably: Plasma Weapons.
    I personally have had oblits taken down by bolter fire...
    Otherwise a Vindicator is alays a good idea, Instant Death (they CAN fail that invunerable save!)
    Hope this helps,
    Lindargo,

Occuli Imperator

I was thinking:

1. Command squad with all Plasma guns with attatched Librarian who has Null Zone and gate of infinity

2. 2x Vindicators

3. massed bolter fire

He also runs a chosen squad with 5x melta guns (Or something like that) he then outflanks them. Ideas to counter?

Duke

Librarian

I think that should do the trick. Edit: Below sound like a better idea

Does this guy run 5-9 oblits with some sort of Lash?
    Last edited by person person; 11-17-2009 at 05:50 PM.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    So, I am about to play someone who runs 5-9 Oblits... I play Marines/ Blood Angels. What I was looking for is tips on beating armies with lots of Oblits cause I haven't had much experience against them.

Thanks

Duke
    If you are playing BA's an assault squad w hidden fist should be all you need. They auto-die whereas the plasma will only net a single wound. spend one turn jumping behind cover and the second jumping into them. beware of plasma cannon blast.

The Vind is a bad idea since you only have 24+6 range, whereas the Oblits have 48 las, and most likely a 4+ cover save.

Vas w/Dante and a pair of melta guns make for a nice start before you assault them with multiple power weps. The aforementioned vindy or two also does a nice job along with las cannons and other low ap at weps.
    letsagetabitarockin!

Chapter-Master

Meltaguns and hidden powerfists work well.

Lascannons (particularly Godhammer Land Raiders) work fantastically, too. Tri-las predators would probably hurt them a lot too, as long as they don't deepstrike in.

Edit: pretty much anything that can put out multiple Str 8+ shots/attacks that ignore armor will work wonders.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

just be sure that, whatever youre using to counter, 5-9 lascannon shots on turn 1 wont leave you high and dry without a solution.

Brother-Sergeant

I've only played against oblits one time, but my 4 lascannon shots took care of 3 of them pretty well. Took out 2 of them turn one and finished off the last turn 2.

I am going to second the Assault Squad with a Fist option. Seems like the cheapest way to go, also it won't force you to deviate from your normal list very much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast